Amplion - loudspeaker and enclosure simulations

I started doing this program years ago in 2010. Now, when I have just finished version 3, it occurred to me that showing it here would not be a bad idea as I myself work with it regularly. Basically, it is a basic software; it can simulate only SPL amplitude vs frequency, but it is straightforward and intuitive and shows what I need when fiddling with loudspeakers.

Some of the features:
  • there is a large drivers database included, mostly up to date. If you want to add a new driver, to carry out a simulation, only six parameters are required: Qms, Qes, fs, Mms, Dd and Re. The rest is calculated. The tiny hidden "=" symbol in the right below corner serves for renaming records.
  • Up/Down keys change the numeric value by +/-1. For fine tuning, hold down Shift or Ctrl key beforehand.
  • double-clicking on form will expand/contract the window; double-clicking in graphs works to quickly draw the response.
  • there are number of tools in Advanced options, to whom I might write a simple tutorial later - such as TS parameters calculation, Shift of resonance frequency, Added resistance to voice-coil, Added mass to cone, Air coil etc.
  • clicking on the counter above the listbox shows a detailed list of drivers.
  • there are three types of enclosures you can simulate - Closed, Vented and 4th order Bandpass. Closed box has also Linkwitz transform tool.
  • txt button in the header shows a list of main parameters ready to be copied to a file or a website.
  • blue labels can be clicked on, such as Dd to Sd, litres to cubic feet or Bl to Mpow (which is Motor power-factor - you can see it on loudspeakerdatabase.com or in Punktkilde datasheets as a Bl/sqrt(Re) constant; more on Claus Futtrup's website).
  • on Formulas page you can see relationships between parameters and copy them into Excel.

You can download it from Softpedia or from the home page at audioweb.cz.

Since the program is written in Delphi some antiviruses including Windows Defender may flag it as suspicious when it really is not; this is a false positive result. You can check its status with the VirusTotal API.

amplion.png

Last edited: