Advice on finding a Power Supply for the O2 amp in Japan/100v

Hi Folks

I've been using my O2 amp with ODAC happily at home in the UK for a few years, but I've recently moved to Japan and would like to use it here.

I need a new power supply, but I'm not sure where I can get one - voltage here is 100v, and I'm not sure if any of the USA ones are compatible (the plug shape is the same but I believe USA is 120v).

Any advice/thoughts/model numbers welcome :)



2008-03-07 12:46 pm
The O2 uses an AC-AC power adapter, in other words just a transformer

It's generally fine to use a 120V transformer with 100V mains voltage. The output voltage will drop accordingly. But in the first place O2 amp accepts a wide range of AC input voltage (20 VAC Max 12 VAC Min) so it's all good.