• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Rek-O-Kut Rodine Jr with AT-1005 arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I"m selling my trusty old Rek-O-Kut Rondine Jr with outboard motor. It has an AT-1005 tone arm in excellent condition and comes with a VM95E cart and also a Stanton 680 with conical stylus. This is a pinch roller type drive, but I use a little outboard motor which is much, much quieter. The original motor is still installed, but one of the idler wheels is missing (where did I put that damn thing?). New ones can be found.

The platter is nice and heavy and runs very smoothly on a ceramic bearing. The underside of the platter is coated with a 3M anti-vibration spray. The spray and the bearing significantly reduced rumble, and the use of the outboard motor of course made for a huge drop in noise. Silicon+Teflon oil for the spindle and bearing works well.
This is already a nice turntable, but with a better/stronger motor and maybe even a better plinth it will be excellent. The AT-1005 arm was a big upgrade from the original Grado tonearm. I'm the second owner. This turntable sat unused from 1974 to 2011 when I bought it and brought it back to life. Many hours of enjoyment and good music have been had in the past ten years. I'm sad to see her go, but it's time to say adieu.

Price is $125 which will be donated in your name to diyAudio.com You pay shipping from zip code 33904. The box is 20x20x9" and weighs 24 lbs. It will be a bit pricey to ship if you are on the west coast.

ROK-01.jpg
ROK-02.jpg
ROK-03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.