What's wrong with the kiss, boy?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
files.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
If you got one of the custom Iron Pre chassis, the hole was sized for...

Schurter DD12.9111.111

... and parts with similar mounting dimensions.
I had ordered this item, and only the smaller black front end of the module fits in the chassis cut out, which in my opinion is not the best way to mount it because the module then extends too far into the chassis. I ended up filing out the chassis cut-out more, in order to be able to get the silver part of the module through the cutout.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
^ Interesting... That is really good information. Tagging the folks that can likely help / update /revise. I've never seen one of the chassis in person.

@6L6 and @Gianluca - Note above and below.

When I review the spec sheet for that part # (section copied below) along with the rendering I have (section copied below)...

1700005639994.png

the opening is around 28 by 47 mm…couldn’t seem to find a part # in the thread or the proper part from digikey.
1700005829320.png

I can't say with certainty, but based on a few comments, it looks like the cut-out may be sized for an 'interior' mount only like @aljordan mentions. i.e. the dimensions on the left were used for the cutout. What may be considered, is to increase the size of the cutout to allow for the rear of the part (right picture) to fit the hole and increase the dimensions accordingly. It is a trade off in appearance one vs. the other, but it could be considered.

I'll leave it to the experts.

Cheers,
Patrick

After installing zfoils in R1, R2 position (not zm number convention, but first voltage divider) I just could not resist spending $266.93 shipped to USA from hifi collective for shunt attenuator kit. 10k Charcroft zfoil with takman metal for each step. Susy. Will post build. in/out leads will be short and shielded with mechanical rod to front panel. Really can't imagine extracting anymore sq from this sweet circuit.... Interested in trafo volume control which could be more iron fun.

IMG_20240122_205215064.jpg

Reactions: 1 user