Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

Hi @SBA_SLOB_GUY,
. . . i would really like to known how the ESS AMT behave with the front horn
Sorry for the belated answer. I did measure the ATM/horn combination, but I saw some irregularities vis-a-vis previous measurements. I believe that they are related to leaks and/or imperfect surface matching, since it was my (and another forum member's), observation that those matter. I am trying to correct that now and will re-measure.

Now, I understand that the following is subjective, but I am so pleased with the sound - especially female voices (e.g., the duettino “Sull'aria” that you might recognize form Shawshank Redemption) - that I am drawing an interface between the horn and the AMT for 3D printing that should cure or mitigate the above-mentioned issues.

Kindest regards,

M

Reactions: 1 user
These Overlill Audio "Angels" sounded awesome at a Bristol Audio show about 20 years ago, 2005 I think?
The Acrylic was so clean its hard to see the curved edge on the sides.
The variable curve is a great way to give a "Variable Path Length" (VPL!) which eliminates any cliff edge for back wave cancellation
It also reduces cavity resonance in between the two sides.
The twin SEAS 8 inch drivers covered Fs (28Hz) to 300 Hz and then a stunning Manger driver all the way up to bout 18KHz.
A solid state, Dave Belles Ref power amp on the Seas and a gorgeous sounding (but pot ugly to look at!) Tom Evans class A tube amp on the Manger... Overall one of the most life like and natural systems I've heard... Vocals in particular were just so real... Just as I was about the hit play and it felt like Seal "spoke to me" I actually looked up in embarrassment that I had ignored him!!

Angel by Overkill Audio  2006.jpg

Angel side view.jpg