SynTripP: 2-way 2-part Virtual Single Point Source Horn

@rrobot For some reason the "quote" function stopped working.

While our new printer could print a one-piece top, we decided to go with producing "plugs" we could use for the existing prints. We can post the STL for the plugs when done. Seemed easier than tossing the baby out with the bathwater...

We did use M6s for the compression driver. We used a 3/4" plastic screw for the chassis/horn, using 1/8" pilot. Obviously there's not a ton of purchase for the plastic parts so go easy on the torque... Here's the screw we used: https://www.mcmaster.com/95893A725/

You might be able to use a 1" but watch the blind holes.

If we're happy with how our plugs work we'll add those to the folder, if not we'll reprint the horn.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
While our new printer could print a one-piece top, we decided to go with producing "plugs" we could use for the existing prints
That's good thinking idea actually, and i guess if they're a tight enough friction fit to snap in and out (say if printed in TPU?) that also could permit you to utilise the ports where you need to run the horn without a sub, or to cross the sub below 100hz etc? Perhaps removable won't work due to air leaks, im not sure.. sounds like you have a solid plan anyway!

I'll be running a CDX14-3055 which does indeed use M6 bolts. I think from memory you were running a CDX14-3060 so im reasonably hopeful the throat transition on the printed horn is a good match.
We used a 3/4" plastic screw for the chassis/horn, using 1/8" pilot.
That's awesome... cheers for the heads up on the screws! I was probably at risk of stripping with wood screws. I sliced the print with 4 layer perimeters and fairly low infill (15-20%) which I hope is sufficient to grab the screws due to the neat way you reinforced the holes in the print. Thanks again, this is extremely helpful! 🙂