Powering 4 x Nilai500

1. I need to drive 2 x 4 Oms per channel (bi-amp per channel). I have ~800W toroid with quad output / +-65V x two linear power supplies. Would these PSUs be sufficient? Is there anything special I need to implement to decouple amp modules from each other :unsure:?

2. Re: Input Voltage Driver Referenced to V-
Just to double check the connection: +Voltage Driver source must be connected to amp module; - Voltage Driver should be connected to V- (-65V); am I right?

Thanks a lot in advance!

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
1) If it has four totally separated windings and you use 2 per amp, it's like using 2 different transformers, i.e. completely decoupled. Next problem is how you wire audio input and output wrt grounding etc,,, here many things can go .....

2)Your question is phrased in a way that I get worried... using terms from the manual: Vdr shall have input 23 volts higher potential than -Ve. This is accomplished by using a 2 terminal (A and B hereafter) voltage source with terminal "A" marked - (or 0 or ground, etc) and terminal B marked: +. Terminal B has 23 volt higher potential than Terminal A. This voltage source must be floating compared to any other voltage source in the amp i.e. there must be no galvanic connection between Terminal A (or B) towards any other ground(s) i the amp or anything in the amp really. This is established by using as a power source for the voltage source that has an own winding on a transformer.

Using the voltage source above, Terminal A should be connected to HV- and Terminal B should be connected to Vdr.

But what do I know - I'm a rank amateur... ;-)

//

Reactions: 1 user
This is the plan
1716232017057.jpg

2 x 23V are galvanically isolated