Post a Picture that Makes You Laugh

Joined 2007
Paid Member
That may be the perfect joke, with no date showing on the picture and most not likely to look it up, everyone can imagine it happened when their least liked person was in office.
Judging from the banner news regarding Miriam Carey, I think that it might be as old as 2013. She was the one who ran over some secret service people and was shot. That said, someone needs a geography lesson.

While searching for China in Rio I see that Chinese bicycles are unfixable.
This is from 2017.
A monument to Chinese manufacturing quality.

ChinaCantFixBicycle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
While searching for China in Rio I see that Chinese bicycles are unfixable.
This is from 2017.
A monument to Chinese manufacturing quality.
Are they unfixable (I'm not sure how a bike can be unfixable), or is it just cheaper to buy a new one because they're so cheap? I generally ride bikes, replacing wheels, chains, sprockets etc, until several things become worn at once that it's just cheaper to get a new one and start again - although my steel single speed with chain guard has done around 40,000 miles, it's a bit like Trigger's broom, only the frame, forks, headset and stem are original.

Gotta say that the photography in that Atlantic article is incredible.
+1

It's terrifying, and the explanation of that image is even more so.
It made me think about the difference between having a vision as a single person and having a vision as 1 billion people (to say the least) doing the same thing: if someone throws away their bicycle and and thinks that he has just thrown away a bicycle, well he was wrong.

Any one of you guys ever had one of those “Huffy“ bikes? Went through lots of them as a kid and early college years. I could wear the chain, big ring, and rear cassette down to nothing in about 200 miles. That’s how cheap the stuff was 35 years ago. Bike shop’s cheapest solution is $90, plus the 40 for installation. Yeah, you might get another zero out of the chain, and 3X that out of the cogs, but still for a $129 bike and $300 a month salary it’s a little steep…. So you have to resort to salvaging off discarded bikes to stay rolling.

Are they unfixable (I'm not sure how a bike can be unfixable), or is it just cheaper to buy a new one because they're so cheap? I generally ride bikes, replacing wheels, chains, sprockets etc, until several things become worn at once that it's just cheaper to get a new one and start again - although my steel single speed with chain guard has done around 40,000 miles, it's a bit like Trigger's broom, only the frame, forks, headset and stem are original.
I have known people, my brother and a friend for certain, who have broken a bike frame.
Friend's one was courtesy of a huge unmarked pothole.
My brother's bike just suffered from being owned by my brother. That would be funny except that having wrecked his own he started on mine!

May I comment on the "Last edited by a moderator" action?

Sometimes a picture becomes so large that it does not fit on my laptop screen and often becomes blurred - take post #1,174 for instance.

Is it just me this is happening to?

Anyway, here is my picture, suitably shrunken I hope! Click on it if you want it bigger.

1716292606218.png

There was no market for them. Communists don’t understand markets. Just wait for AI to take over economic planning, it’s going to be great!

Reactions: 1 users