H2 V2 BUILD

I understand that the easiest solution to inverting the signal would be swapping the bananas around at the speaker if you've got a typical preamp->amp->speaker type thing going on, but I'm using a minidsp shd studio that goes out to a balanced dac that drives a hypex nilai for my main speakers, which doesn't have a single ended input.

So, I could flip those wires I guess, but I'm building multiples of these H2 devices to tinker with, and everything under 60hz goes to a minidsp 10x10 to run multiple subs and midbass units. Those are all neutriks, the easiest way might be to invert the drivers that aren't inverted already in dsp and un-invert the ones that are, but I'm thinking hey, if I can just solder these xlr plugs backwards and then forget about it, that's what my lazy keister is gonna do. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I finished my H2 and have been listening for about a week. I think what I am hearing is more depth to the vocal and base. More resonance might be a way to put. Is that what other people are thinking also? It does have a noticeable hum when there is no music playing. Is that normal?
Tom

IMG_3042.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
This is what my final build looks like. I used my multimeter to test connectivity between the grounds on the input and output RCAs and they all connect to the grounding ring around the outside of the board. Plus they connect through to the negative of the power plug. Not sure if that means they are all grounded since this is not in a box with a ground wire connected to the box. I adjusted my pots to show 10.71V at T2 since that is what is written on my bag.
Tom

Joined 2013
Paid Member
Not sure if that means they are all grounded since this is not in a box with a ground wire connected to the box.
Yes, that means they are all grounded.
Nelson discussed in the original H2 paper that the circuit is susceptible to noise and should be in a metal case.
You could try using a metal container placed over the circuit board like a hat. I use masking tape around the edges to prevent short circuits from the metal box. Be careful.