BUF-03AJ or substitute?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm finally getting around to building an Aunt Corey's buffered pre-amp (for which I already have a board), and of course the BUF-03AJ is years out of production. Anyone know of a good source for just a couple? I've found them in quantity at electronics sites, and one option out of China, but I'm not sure I trust that one.

Alternatively, is there a drop in replacement? I guessing that's too much to ask.

;) Bin It
And build a Passdiy.com B1 buffer Sounds/works better

I've built both ... and I'll take the BUF03AJ any day! ;) The only reason to bin it is the parts are unobtanium. Now if you build it with an alternate buffer like the BUF04 or BUF634 ... then I'd take the B1. :D

The BUF03 is pure magic!

I'm selling an LDR BUF03AJ preamp PCB set (preamp + PS w/integrated PCB PT) with 4 devices on it if interested. I am only selling it because I need gain and am going back to a tube preamp. But so far it has sounded better than anything I have built to date.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.