• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

You would not need to stay in umanager for long, if that would work.

But the more I think about it (which I should have done to begin with) is that even in umanager it might not show it. I know when I would make a change in there and talked myself into believing it was happening without a power cycle - "set" would show the change but that just might be completely useless and the more I think about it is. In addition, if not the most important, "set" is going to show the default settings.

Of course, with a power cycle you would revert back to default level.

I remember dimdim making an ARDIUNO give a level display. It was over my head and I was not burning for one but look here - scroll down - might be the only way to do it: DAM1021 | Dimdim's Blog

My intentions were good but the result ...

Hello all,

My dam (ver2) have worked fine for 6 months. But from last week it have started to have some upstart problem. It plays music right from start up but loose lock from the USB input, makes a small pop and music continue. It does that for around 10-15 minuters then it is ok and everything works...
I haven't change anything in hardwares or uploaded any FW or filters..

Anyone have this or seen it before?

Best regards //Daniel

It has been talked about several times, but alas, still no way to query the current state.

I am playing around with an XMOS thingy, trying to use the XMOS chip both for USB input and for input selector, DAC controller, IR remote receiver etc. The query "command" that I use is a short disruption in BCLK line (I only feed I2S from XMOS to the DAM). This causes the DAM to relock and print the current status.

Yes, I know, that is an extremely ugly hack and not useful for queries while playing music and it may be difficult to implement if the controller is completely separate from audio source. And you will not get any data unless the DAM locks onto input signal.

It doesn't matter where/how I could find it. I just want current attenuation in play :) thats also a "current parameter".

//

@soekris,

question to the availability of your DAC (dam1021-12).
On "http://soekris.dk/dam1021.html" is this board "in stock" and at the europe shop "http://soekris.eu/shop/dac_modules_diyline_dam1021_en/" is the DAC not (more) listed.
Did you have these DAC in stock or not?

I ask for a friend of mine and he wants only the best. :D

Thanks!

@soekris,

question to the availability of your DAC (dam1021-12).
On "http://soekris.dk/dam1021.html" is this board "in stock" and at the europe shop "http://soekris.eu/shop/dac_modules_diyline_dam1021_en/" is the DAC not (more) listed.
Did you have these DAC in stock or not?

I ask for a friend of mine and he wants only the best. :D

Thanks!

We just ran out of stock, more will be manufactured very soon....

My Soekris R2R DAC will soon be ready, finally !

DAC Input Board

- Rubycon ZLH Reservoir Caps, Nichicon MUSE & WIMA Caps
- Vishay High Prevision Resistors

- Murata Isolation Transformer for Digital Input
- Neutrik XLR for AES/EBU

Headamp Board

- Nichicon KG Gold Tune Reservior Caps
- Neutrik Headphone Output Jacks

- Nichicon MUSE & WIMA Caps For Signal Path
- BOURNS Potential Meter

My Soekris R2R DAC will soon be ready, finally !

DAC Input Board

- Rubycon ZLH Reservoir Caps, Nichicon MUSE & WIMA Caps
- Vishay High Prevision Resistors

- Murata Isolation Transformer for Digital Input
- Neutrik XLR for AES/EBU

Headamp Board

- Nichicon KG Gold Tune Reservior Caps
- Neutrik Headphone Output Jacks

- Nichicon MUSE & WIMA Caps For Signal Path
- BOURNS Potential Meter

Alvin, can you tell us more about the AES digital input circuit?

I am also designing a similar input board but have no idea about the AES connection.