• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

No, the uC detect if there is no potmeter connected and set gain to 0db. With potmeter (or by software) the gain can be set from -90 to +15 db.

Seems like that should be closer to -90db.
If you are using without a pot, using the serial port for volume control, you would want it to come on at a low volume.

My current DAC has volume control, and it can remember what volume to start at. I have direct connection from DAC to amp, so I it set to start at min volume, and adjust up from there to listen.

Randy

Seems like that should be closer to -90db.
If you are using without a pot, using the serial port for volume control, you would want it to come on at a low volume.

My current DAC has volume control, and it can remember what volume to start at. I have direct connection from DAC to amp, so I it set to start at min volume, and adjust up from there to listen.

Randy

You can set the startup volume level in the "uManager" via the serial port. If you have a potmeter then it will of course remember its last physical position....

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
How do you wire the optical cable? Cut off one head andbmake a jumper to spdif2? I am not using the SB, butbthe Airport Express, so would be great if you could post a photo how you wire it. :)

Is it comedy hour at diyaudio?

assuming not....

You need a 3.3V TOSLINK RX module - wire as per data sheet to a clean 3.3V supply.
Then run a wire from the output pin -> SPDIF2 input.

Toshiba TORX147 is one of the better options but has been out of production since 2008. They can be found without too much difficulty on that auction site.

For systems which incorporate TOSLINK, Toshiba recommend testing using the actual device to check its noise resistance.

Use a simple noise filter on TOSLINK fiber optic transceiving module's power line. If the ripple in the power supply used is significant, reinforce the filter.

The optical module is to be used in an area which is susceptible to radiated noise, increase the shielding by covering the optical module and the power line filter with a metallic cover.

Attachments

• TORX147.png
    TORX147.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 944
Last edited: