• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

What's the recommended curcuit when applying BC550/BC560 mod? I'm wondering if on rev. 2 board I should change some resistors values for this mod. Most people applied this mod on rev. 1 boards with resistor changes in vref circuit. Are the values from rev. 2 optimal for BC550?

Also the first version of this mod was with one of resistors shorted, then there was an suggestion not to short it. How this applies to rev. 2 board?

Firmware version 1.03 is now up on http://www.soekris.dk/download.html

There are now full DSD support, up to DoP128 and DSD256, depending on the used USB to I2S interface.

Pinout for DSD is per de facto standard:

I2S bclk -> DSD Bit Clock
I2S lrclk -> DSD Left Data
I2S dat -> DSD Right Data

It was a little tricky to get rid of small clicks when switching between PCM and DSD and to ensure correct and quick PCM and DSD detect, should be pretty good now, but please let me know what you think....

Other changes to this version is a fix for the multiple IIR filters issue and new status output L000 when no link.

One question: As part of PCM/DSD detection and mute I use the continuous switching of the DSD data lines to detect DSD signal. I tried finding info for worst case time of no switching when DSD data is present, but haven't been able to locate any info. But to me it looks like pretty constant switching without longer periods of no switching, thanks to the fifth order noise shaping.... But if anybody have facts I would be very interested....

Hi Søren,

thanks a lot for your engagement, hard work and nice results :)

I just flashed the firmware with no problems.

There is one issue (Mac OS X; Audirvana Plus, Amanero USB-Card):
- when Audirvana is set to no conversion (no DoP) everthing is OK
- when using DoP 1.0 or 1.1 the both channels (right and left) are reversed

Is there a need to change the settings of the Amanero USB-Card with the flash utility

Thanks for a short answer

Greetings Arnd