Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz - Page 122 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2015, 03:59 PM   #1211
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Søren,

what about synchronous mode of dam1021? (external MCLK and I2S signals are synchronous). My I2S source is Amanero slaved to external Ian's XO board (with two Crystek XOs) which reclocks all I2S lines and provides very low jitter MCLK output.
Is it possible to enable this feature in future firmware release?
Marek, you have to read up regarding this dac, because this is already one of the main features of this dac. It already have a fifo built in - and it doesnt even need mck input, so there is no sync or async for this dac, as it is with ess-dacs.
Old 2nd February 2015, 04:11 PM   #1212
Dimdim is offline Dimdim  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randytsuch View Post
Curious why you didn't use the same USB source (PC versus touch) for the Amanero module?

At any rate, thanks for the comparison, it gives me some motivation to hurry up and get my dam dac working.

Randy
I didn't use the same source because I wanted to have both of the DACs playing the same material simultaneously. Then I was able to switch between them by selecting a different source on my preamp.

Considering that I used 2 identical Amaneros, I didn't think that the differences between the laptop and the SBT would be significant.
Old 2nd February 2015, 04:34 PM   #1213
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimdim View Post
I didn't use the same source because I wanted to have both of the DACs playing the same material simultaneously. Then I was able to switch between them by selecting a different source on my preamp.

Considering that I used 2 identical Amaneros, I didn't think that the differences between the laptop and the SBT would be significant.
OK, I understand why you did that, makes it easier to ab.

So a suggestion, can you try swapping the PC and SBT, and see if you get the same results?

I have been upgrading my music PC, and some of the upgrades did make rather significant changes. And I have an Amanero feeding my DAC.

Randy
Old 2nd February 2015, 05:52 PM   #1214
Marek is offline Marek  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollE2k View Post
Marek, you have to read up regarding this dac, because this is already one of the main features of this dac. It already have a fifo built in - and it doesnt even need mck input, so there is no sync or async for this dac, as it is with ess-dacs.
I know that,I got dam1021 on my desk working with Amanero.
The goal is avoiding anoying clicks and mute when syncing after rewind or sample rate change. In synchronous mode there is no need to use onboard dejittering (and I don't need it because I got very low jitter I2S source already) and FPGA will only prepare signals for registers. Its sad that there are no reclocking after FPGA...Potato FF would be the best choice.
Anyway, dam1021 has 'FPGA MCLK OUT' on header so it is almost sure that this pin can be configured as input.
Old 2nd February 2015, 06:02 PM   #1215
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
I know that,I got dam1021 on my desk working with Amanero.
The goal is avoiding anoying clicks and mute when syncing after rewind or sample rate change. In synchronous mode there is no need to use onboard dejittering (and I don't need it because I got very low jitter I2S source already) and FPGA will only prepare signals for registers. Its sad that there are no reclocking after FPGA...Potato FF would be the best choice.
Anyway, dam1021 has 'FPGA MCLK OUT' on header so it is almost sure that this pin can be configured as input.
Sorry - i thought it was one of those posts, when people hadn't read-up what it was all about.
But yes, i can agree that it would be good if the reclocking was after the FPGA, and also i would perfer the possiblity for better clocks than silabs. But, this will still be better than 99% of the market. And there is always a possiblity for a version 2.0 later on if it sells good, and Sören likes to experiment more :-)
Old 2nd February 2015, 06:23 PM   #1216
diyAudio Member

dimdim,

Thanks for your blog!

I was wondering how I was going to figure out how to upgrade the firmware.

Got lucky, my music computer board has an RS232 jack - GIGABYTE H81M-S2PV. Board has good BIOS adjustability, too, if someone is looking ...

Looking forward to future posts.

Thanks, again,
Old 2nd February 2015, 09:23 PM   #1217
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randytsuch View Post
OK, I understand why you did that, makes it easier to ab.

So a suggestion, can you try swapping the PC and SBT, and see if you get the same results?

I have been upgrading my music PC, and some of the upgrades did make rather significant changes. And I have an Amanero feeding my DAC.

Randy
I will definitely try that and let you know!

Dimitris
Old 2nd February 2015, 09:27 PM   #1218
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmcinnis View Post
dimdim,

Thanks for your blog!

I was wondering how I was going to figure out how to upgrade the firmware.

Got lucky, my music computer board has an RS232 jack - GIGABYTE H81M-S2PV. Board has good BIOS adjustability, too, if someone is looking ...

Looking forward to future posts.

Thanks, again,
You are quite welcome Rick.

I use my blog like a notebook. I keep notes of things that took me at least an hour to figure out. I like the idea that others are benefiting from my experience (and time).
Old 2nd February 2015, 09:48 PM   #1219
tods is offline tods  Germany
diyAudio Member

Have it running with WaveIO.
The WaveIO has its own isolator, so I had to power them both.

cheers
Torsten
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000944.jpg (68.7 KB, 903 views)
Old 2nd February 2015, 09:50 PM   #1220
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Whats the "PLOP" situation with the WaveIO?

//

Hide this!Advertise here!