Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz - Page 104 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2015, 10:56 PM   #1031
diyAudio Member

Just got shipping notification from the US store.
Nothing showing up on UPS tracking as yet but I'm guessing that will appear in a the next couple of hours.

Now for the wait while OOOPS to do their thing....
Old 26th January 2015, 11:17 PM   #1032
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randytsuch View Post
I had the same thoughts. I guess I'll rig up a simple +/- 12VDC to power this with. Or, maybe I go overboard and use a Salas Shunt?

Randy
Your system isnt there or at least the link is NG.

//
Old 26th January 2015, 11:37 PM   #1033
Eldam is offline Eldam  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randytsuch View Post
I had the same thoughts. I guess I'll rig up a simple +/- 12VDC to power this with. Or, maybe I go overboard and use a Salas Shunt?

Randy
So a +/- 9V RMS DC at the output of a simple Pi filter should suffice (to stay in the +/- 12 V peak to peak Soren advices) !

Good news, a traffo (R-core, torroid, whatever) 4 shokty diodes, 4 caps for the Pi !

Will have soon a Wave I/O at the end of the week I hope (tommorow for the DAC), so I will add my testimonial about this USB board with the Dam1201 !

What is the name of the connector plug in English please : still have to found the flat wire to link the USB board to the DAC !

Are the output connections always in the same order for all the USB pcbs (I saw a usefull two rows flat cable on the TNT's photographs) or do I have to find 4 independant connectors for each I2S output like the voltage one ? Soren : same order with your Amanero and your DIYHINKH USB boards ?

Last edited by Eldam; 26th January 2015 at 11:39 PM.
Old 27th January 2015, 12:05 AM   #1034
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldam View Post
So a +/- 9V RMS DC at the output of a simple Pi filter should suffice (to stay in the +/- 12 V peak to peak Soren advices) !

Good news, a traffo (R-core, torroid, whatever) 4 shokty diodes, 4 caps for the Pi !

Will have soon a Wave I/O at the end of the week I hope (tommorow for the DAC), so I will add my testimonial about this USB board with the Dam1201 !

What is the name of the connector plug in English please : still have to found the flat wire to link the USB board to the DAC !

Are the output connections always in the same order for all the USB pcbs (I saw a usefull two rows flat cable on the TNT's photographs) or do I have to find 4 independant connectors for each I2S output like the voltage one ? Soren : same order with your Amanero and your DIYHINKH USB boards ?
I just use 6 single wires (3 signals, 1 +3.3V, 2 GND's) to wire the DAC to the USB Interface, don't seems to be any standards for wire ordering....
Old 27th January 2015, 12:06 AM   #1035
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Your system isnt there or at least the link is NG.

//
I guess I should fix that, I did that a long time ago, and hasn't been accurate for ages.

Randy
Old 27th January 2015, 05:51 AM   #1036
diyAudio Member

I run +/- 13,5 V out of my smps. You lose 0,7V in the rectifier bridge feeding it DC. A 9 V DC would only give the board 8,3...

Twisted pairs will be much easier to do.

//
Old 27th January 2015, 05:53 AM   #1037
diyAudio Member

Yes please - the correct name for the to be used on-board power connector!

//
Old 27th January 2015, 07:41 AM   #1038
potstip is offline potstip  Turkey
diyAudio Member

As far as i understand from Soren posts there is no quality difference between pot and serial interface, at the end even using pot it reads voltage value and arrange volume digital. So even pot quality does not matter regarding to sound quality.

Anyone can conform that please.
Old 27th January 2015, 08:00 AM   #1039
Hennie is offline Hennie  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potstip View Post
As far as i understand from Soren posts there is no quality difference between pot and serial interface, at the end even using pot it reads voltage value and arrange volume digital. So even pot quality does not matter regarding to sound quality.

Anyone can conform that please.
Yes, that is true. Soren did say that he added hysteresis and filtering to the pot input to prevent noise ingress.
Old 27th January 2015, 08:24 AM   #1040
zfe is online now zfe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Yes please - the correct name for the to be used on-board power connector!
//
Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
... Connector is MTA156 type.

Hide this!Advertise here!