• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

I don't have either of those items to hand to test so unless someone gets there first looks like I will just have to try it with the modules and see what happens.

Do you think using the enable pins to start the power supply before the modules would make it any better?

I re read the wire amp thread where the Audio Power SMPS was tested and that seemed to work better with higher biases when it was already powered on.

Well I finally had time and the parts I needed to finish the First One. It's playing right now and I'm very pleased, no disappointments.

I'm have a Doge 8 preamp and diy speakers using a Seas Excel T29CF001, a 6.5" PHL1130 and the Ciare NDH 15-3 15" woofer. The efficiency is about 90dB for 2.83V at 1 meter.

I used a Hypex SMPS3KA400.

Thank you "Lazy Cat"

Evan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    899.3 KB · Views: 1,251
Well I finally had time and the parts I needed to finish the First One. It's playing right now and I'm very pleased, no disappointments.

I'm have a Doge 8 preamp and diy speakers using a Seas Excel T29CF001, a 6.5" PHL1130 and the Ciare NDH 15-3 15" woofer. The efficiency is about 90dB for 2.83V at 1 meter.

I used a Hypex SMPS3KA400.

Thank you "Lazy Cat"

Evan

Hi :wave2:

Thank you for posting one more First One amplifier project, very well made, SMPS3000 fits nicely in the chassis. :up:

I see both DC sense connected in parallel to SMPS, great.

Speaking about SQ, well you'll need at least 20-50 hours to form the sound as expected, all elcos inside needs to form, especially Mundorf.

Congratulations and great enjoyment at listening.

Best regards, L.C. :cheers:

I took a brief break from listening and connected the green LEDs. Now it is complete.

We all know it takes more than a new amp, speakers or source to achieve the listening enjoyment we are looking for. It takes a system that works well together. 4 years ago we moved across the country and I sold a system, that to me sounded excellent. I thought I could easily put another together. Not so easy.

The "First One" turned out to be the missing piece. I'm thrilled to be hearing the music again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    882 KB · Views: 768
The "First One" turned out to be the missing piece. I'm thrilled to be hearing the music again.

Hi :wave2:

Nice that you found the missing piece-link. :)

For me the most wonderful thing is this forum, without it I would never have an opportunity to share my little cookies with DIY-ers all around the world. A little wonder indeed. :worship:

Also you all have to know that the Cat has been very "lazy" lately so expect new cookies to be baked soon. ;)

Thanks stonehome, have a nice day. :cheers:

Hi L.C.

How we can test the dc sense ?

Could we connect a 1.5 volt battery in parallel with speaker binding posts to see if the ps will shut down?

Yes of course in separation, no amplifier connected at the same time.

Trigger voltage is between 1,6-1,7 V and it takes some time to charge elcos, because of the RC time constant. Try with 9 V battery and it would trigger immediately. ;)

What to you mean by 'no amplifier connected at the same time' ?

I meant to connect the battery when the amp is connected and is playing.

Is this correct ?

No, don't do that, since amp has mOhm output impedance it would act as a wire to the outside battery, meaning short circuit for the battery and very large DC current through one mosfet, depending on the polarity. You won't get any output DC offset but very high current instead.

If you want to test with live amp than connect the battery to the input, since amp has 0 dB voltage gain for DC, you should get the same DC on the output.