USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 28 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2012, 11:06 AM   #271
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaman View Post
Domenico, any news regarding shipping? How many have you guys shipped?
I was wondering the same thing. I received no paypal shipment notice so he cannot be shipping top-down. It should not be to big a work keeping the spread sheet updated.
But no rush here
Old 10th September 2012, 11:22 AM   #272
amanero is offline amanero  Italy
diyAudio Member

NicMac already shipped Extra UE. Tomorrow i'll ship all others and some ExtraUE not yet shipped. Tomorrow in the night i'll update tracking numbers.
Old 10th September 2012, 11:23 AM   #273
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertob View Post
No drivers are needed for mac 10.6, ok
but for my macmini version 10.5.7 Do I have to install drivers? Where to get?

For now I have no option to install version 10.6 on my intel mac mini.
As you will NEED minimum 10.6.4 you simply do as follows:

1. Reduce the size of your current OSX partition with 10 - 20GB.
2. Create a new partition in the free space.
3. Install 10.6 or 10.6.2 and upgrade to 10.6.8
4. You can then select witch of the two OSX versions you will boot.

I am running 10.5.8, 10.6.8 and the latest "10.8 Beast" due to I have applications that requires 10.5.8 - I use 10.6.8 for Music and the latest 10.8 for other issues

Last edited by RayCtech; 10th September 2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10th September 2012, 04:43 PM   #274
diyAudio Member

I have installed 10.5.8.
So, this card does not work with Mac versions below 10.6?. I thought I could work installing default drivers that are included in macosx 10.6. It is tedious to have multiple operating systems to use depending on the program.
Old 10th September 2012, 05:15 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertob View Post
I have installed 10.5.8.
So, this card does not work with Mac versions below 10.6?. I thought I could work installing default drivers that are included in macosx 10.6. It is tedious to have multiple operating systems to use depending on the program.
I know...

I have at least 14 different operating systems / versions in use, but I run them on multiple physical systems (and some virtualized) and control and use them all from my MacBook with different tools (some of the systems are even 3000 kilometer away), and I have also access to all systems from my iPad.
Old 11th September 2012, 08:43 AM   #276
Tfan69 is offline Tfan69  Italy
diyAudio Member

Signed for +1
Old 11th September 2012, 04:33 PM   #277
diyAudio Member

Hey ...

Anyone considered making a discrete direct DSD/analog converter from the output signal of the USB to I2S card (if possible)?

@RayCtech: I just noticed in your "footnote" that you have a discrete DAC which sounds very interesting. Does it also playback PureDSD? And is there a description of it here on Diyaudio or elsewhere?

Greetings,

Jesper
Old 11th September 2012, 05:01 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlevoice View Post
Hey ...

Anyone considered making a discrete direct DSD/analog converter from the output signal of the USB to I2S card (if possible)?

@RayCtech: I just noticed in your "footnote" that you have a discrete DAC which sounds very interesting. Does it also playback PureDSD? And is there a description of it here on Diyaudio or elsewhere?

Greetings,

Jesper
DSD up to and including DSD256, but it is a bit more sophisticated than the direct DSD/analog converter type you mention.

There is no descriptions or postings anywhere, but I am working on web site that will be uploaded in a week or two...

Here are a "cut and paste" from the description of the DSD enhanced technology section.

Quote:
The DAC256 converts standard DSD64 / DSD128 and DSD256 formats first from a 1 bit data stream to 32 1 bit data streams to fully utilized the 128 bit state machine to increase the accuracy and lower the noise spectrum by running the 32 parallel data paths in parallel.
Then the 32 1 bit data streams is converted to 8 bit code before the DAC 128 bit state machine outputs the data.

The DSD64 and DSD128 formats are also oversampled to DSD256 speed (11.2896 MHz / 12.288 MHz) before convertion to 8bit code and output by the proprietary 256 bit state machine.
This conversion alone moves the noise floor 8 times up in frequency for DSD256, 16 times up for DSD128, and 32 times up for DSD64 - the full data resolution of the proprietary 128 bit state machine is not utilized as native DSD runs in bit perfect DSD compatibility mode.

The use of 32 parallel data paths and all output hardware segments of the DAC256 state machine lowers the noise spectrum to level that are closer to the PCM performance than would have been expected from DSD.

The enhancements incorporated for DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 like oversampling and conversion from 1 bit to 8 bit code and the use of the full 32 bit parallel data paths will give a performance level so high that support for DSD512, DSD1024 and DSD2048 will not be implemented- at least not in the near future.

Last edited by RayCtech; 11th September 2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12th September 2012, 05:57 PM   #279
2A3SET is offline 2A3SET  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi RayCtech,

Does it make sense if this interface support LJ format, we don't need to worry about LSB extension correction?

Regards
Old 12th September 2012, 11:36 PM   #280
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlevoice View Post
A Japanese user made a very simple
discrete direct DSD/analog converter (in Japanese) with using one chip device.
Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!