Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think I need a power switch :). Was thinking of getting a combined IEC socket and rocker switch, to keep it simple. Is that good or bad?

It's fine, but a separate front panel switch doesn't complicate the situation much either.

I don't have any cables going to the J1 aux & control on my blueprint. Am I missing something there?

No need to use J1 unless you want to be able to force the system into standby, or want aux power for a front panel light or something.

I did not say I do not like them. I think they are very good.

And it has been several places allready and they love it. One allready put an order. I have heard the Icepower 1000 with switchmode supply. It made my stereo sound like a clock Radio . :D
No Hum at all even at 108 DB system with NC. In my room and with my speakers I need more power.

Maybe bridging two ncore´s per channel could do the trick for you.
They can deliver 24 A´s so unless your speakers are of very low impedance, bridging two ncores should provide significantly more head room...

I have a 84 VDC and a 77 Vdc powersupply with 2200 W transformers and 140.000 uf. for each mono amp. Want to use those supplys somehow.

Well I just ordered some other moduls. If it where possible to buy the NC 1200 I would have done that. My Coldamp can not follow the NC in midrange / treble.

So the NC is the better amp compared to your modified Coldamp, except for "big dynamic jumps" where a lot of power is needed? You are using 900VA transformer per channel at the moment isn't it? I can't immagine you can improve with even more power of the transformer.... Doesn't the big capacity make your amp "slower"???

You don't feed it with the same voltage as the SMPS600 provides, is it? You give away some power because of that.

Last edited:
So the NC is the better amp compared to your modified Coldamp, except for "big dynamic jumps" where a lot of power is needed? You are using 900VA transformer per channel at the moment isn't it? I can't immagine you can improve with even more power of the transformer.... Doesn't the big capacity make your amp "slower"???

990 Va U core. If big capacity make Amp slower also depends on the moduls I think.

emailtim,
I am pretty sure that Bruno has made the NC´s just as bridgable as the UCD´s. At least it was brought up as an option from the start of this thread.
Probably its the same procedure as with the UCDs -just with other cap values to match the O/P filter in the NCs, would be my guess...

It is undetermined whether it will have an impact on the sound, though.

Just installed the caps on my input, after a minute or so of settling after turning the amps on I have nearly 0mV on the input and output, also no more loud pops when turning the amp on.
Thanks a million to all those who helped me out and guided me on how to fix this, everything appears good now!

990 Va U core. If big capacity make Amp slower also depends on the moduls I think.
I've never seen that. If the total ESR of the filter caps is no higher and the rail voltage is not lower, you should have no PS-related degradation, but rather improvement.

Glad it's working now!

I can see ways to provide a truly electrifying experience in the spirit of Nikola Tesla...
People reach across borders towards a common goal! It's inspiring, just to die for.
This just in:

TITANIC 'UNLIKELY' TO SINK AGAIN, says prof -- http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/10/titanic_unlikely_to_sink_again/

Just installed the caps on my input, after a minute or so of settling after turning the amps on I have nearly 0mV on the input and output, also no more loud pops when turning the amp on.
Thanks a million to all those who helped me out and guided me on how to fix this, everything appears good now!

Good to hear it works now! If I may ask what values did you end up with? 10K and 1.5uF or something else? Maybe usefull info for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.