hypex ncore - Page 612 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th January 2013, 06:13 AM   #6111
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasha View Post
What works best for me is to solve the problem where is starts, and adjusting gain before the ncore.
That is of course the best solution if you have the adjustability. But if not, attenuating a signal after you have already amplified it once is not ideal.
Old 19th January 2013, 06:17 AM   #6112
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
Look at that:
Humble Homemade Hifi
Can-you imagine this guy, listening to all those caps and giving (serious) a note to them ?
I guess he doesn't believe in double-blind ABX...
Old 19th January 2013, 06:46 AM   #6113
akasha is offline akasha  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
That is of course the best solution if you have the adjustability. But if not, attenuating a signal after you have already amplified it once is not ideal.
It actually works best in many cases, doing it along with impedance matching, and its not ideal to amplify noise if you can possible avoid doing so
Old 19th January 2013, 06:49 AM   #6114
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
I guess he doesn't believe in double-blind ABX...
Oooh, but he did, everyone against each other it was half a lifetime project
Old 19th January 2013, 07:25 AM   #6115
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Its not ideal to amplify noise if you can possible avoid doing so
Isn't that what I am saying?
Old 19th January 2013, 07:28 AM   #6116
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Oooh, but he did, everyone against each other it was half a lifetime project
This doesn't sound like the results of a double-blind ABX: "very rich in harmonic textures and quite spatious. When fresh out of the box they can be a bit "chesty" or "nasal" sounding but they mellow out after quite some time of use (several hundred hours). Their tonal balance is very neutral and smooth, words like natural and analogue come to mind. Imaging depth is very good but not quite at the same level as their paper-in-wax or polyester-in-oil stable mates."

Old 19th January 2013, 01:17 PM   #6117
diyAudio Member

Quote:
you really need a good humorous sense to survive in "HiFi", like if one even tries to imagine a setup, burn-in, optimization and listening for all character differences he comes up with. I'm beyond words
I always enjoy when i find a new commercial site, where some guy describe with poetic words the mysterious process and the fabulous sound of some audiophile cable handcrafted by virgins or a golden cone in solid unobtainium.
Or any company, using some technical word to make believe to naive audiophiles in the existence of a new evil they discovered and are alone to kill.
We have enough, oh my God, enough, yes, of real problems to solve in audio electronic in order to reproduce sounds in a credible way.
Bruno, a very good engineer, has demonstrated how, with a real scientific approach you can solve most of those problems. and offer for a reasonable price, a near ready to use amplifier witch is, no contest, one of the best in the world. Despite it is an evil Class D.
Old 19th January 2013, 01:32 PM   #6118
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I always enjoy when i find a new commercial site, where some guy describe with poetic words the mysterious process and the fabulous sound of some audiophile cable handcrafted by virgins or a golden cone in solid unobtainium.
Or any company, using some technical word to make believe to naive audiophiles in the existence of a new evil they discovered and are alone to kill.
We have enough, oh my God, enough, yes, of real problems to solve in audio electronic in order to reproduce sounds in a credible way.
Bruno, a very good engineer, has demonstrated how, with a real scientific approach you can solve most of those problems. and offer for a reasonable price, a near ready to use amplifier witch is, no contest, one of the best in the world. Despite it is an evil Class D.
+1
Old 19th January 2013, 01:42 PM   #6119
diyAudio Member

Quote:
So much bulls..t out there, imagine a youngster looking for a upgrade from his ipod, chances he will get a decent system is pretty slim, even if he don't get scared away in the first place, no wonder audio(music)freaks are a dying species
thumbs up for Bruno, really love my ncore
Old 19th January 2013, 02:21 PM   #6120
diyAudio Member

Talking nCore Enclosure

I have a few enclosures left which - as it turns out - suit the nCore400 + SMPS600 beautifully. I can price these at €395 ex. vat and shipping for a pair. If you're interested then please drop me a line at info@hexateq.com
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 16.02.37.png (206.6 KB, 350 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 14.17.40.png (886.3 KB, 355 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 14.13.55.png (253.4 KB, 335 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 14.13.43.png (272.4 KB, 330 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!