Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered some chassis from them. I hope that your story isn't their typical case :eek:
I found their shipping fees quite strange, being forced to pay both exclusive shipping for each chassis and then again for the whole shipping. :confused:

Best
Rest easy. USPS messed up, they were sitting on the units. I now have mine in hand. Only issue is they sent male XLR connectors instead of female. No biggie. The second shipping charge must be the VAT. I did not pay any fees to receive the chassis. The was a $70+ fee to receive the amp and power supply modules.

Rest easy. USPS messed up, they were sitting on the units. I now have mine in hand. Only issue is they sent male XLR connectors instead of female. No biggie. The second shipping charge must be the VAT. I did not pay any fees to receive the chassis. The was a $70+ fee to receive the amp and power supply modules.

You pay VAT in your own country not in China.

VAT is not due in the country of origin when an item is exported (European Union counts as one country) outside of it. If you live in the US you don't need to pay the VAT but you might need to pay import duties, although in my experience the enforcement is spotty and unpredictable.

UPS brokerage fees

VAT is not due in the country of origin when an item is exported (European Union counts as one country) outside of it. If you live in the US you don't need to pay the VAT but you might need to pay import duties, although in my experience the enforcement is spotty and unpredictable.

NCore modules are delivered to the US by UPS. UPS brokers the shipment through customs, and charges the recipient any import duties and a brokerage fee for dealing with customs.
US customers are not liable for any VAT.

Yes...

UPS charges the brokerage fee upon delivery of international shipments. They say this fee is to cover their costs incurred in getting the shipment through customs. Personally, I find this fee to be a rip-off, and feel it is a shame that Hypex chooses UPS for shipments to the US.
Interestingly, I never seem to have to pay any brokerage fees like this when other carriers deliver international shipments to me originating in Europe.
BTW, this brokerage (UPS) fee is also charged to the recipient of goods shipped from the US to foreign countries, in addition to duties and VAT when applicable. Many years ago I was a shipping manager for a small company here in Boulder. We used UPS, but for international shipments we tried to avoid them whenever we could, as our customers would be irate at the high additional fees they were required to pay upon receipt of goods.
Perhaps it is time for someone to suggest to Hypex that they choose a different carrier for shipments to the US? I suspect that we are a pretty big market for their products. Any ideas on what shipping service might be more reasonable?
I paid around $70 USD in brokerage fees for 2 nC 400 modules and 2 SMPS 600s. Interestingly, UPS left the package at my garage, and then billed me for the additional fees by mail, about a month later!

It's not just the USA - I had the same issue here in Australia with the UPS delivery. I was called prior to delivery and asked to pay an 80 brokerage fee on addition to the import duty (15%). I haven't had this from any other carrier.

UPS charges the brokerage fee upon delivery of international shipments. They say this fee is to cover their costs incurred in getting the shipment through customs. Personally, I find this fee to be a rip-off, and feel it is a shame that Hypex chooses UPS for shipments to the US.
Interestingly, I never seem to have to pay any brokerage fees like this when other carriers deliver international shipments to me originating in Europe.
BTW, this brokerage (UPS) fee is also charged to the recipient of goods shipped from the US to foreign countries, in addition to duties and VAT when applicable. Many years ago I was a shipping manager for a small company here in Boulder. We used UPS, but for international shipments we tried to avoid them whenever we could, as our customers would be irate at the high additional fees they were required to pay upon receipt of goods.
Perhaps it is time for someone to suggest to Hypex that they choose a different carrier for shipments to the US? I suspect that we are a pretty big market for their products. Any ideas on what shipping service might be more reasonable?
I paid around $70 USD in brokerage fees for 2 nC 400 modules and 2 SMPS 600s. Interestingly, UPS left the package at my garage, and then billed me for the additional fees by mail, about a month later!

The $140 that I paid to UPS was for 4 x NC400 & 4 x SMPS600.

As bad as UPS fees are I think DHL is worse but not because of fee's but because of what type of information they require to accept International shipments at the border.

My NCORE cases were made in Canada and were shipped via DHL and then held up for several days by Customs because DHL required either a Tax ID # or SS # before accepting the packages at the border.

Since I am not a business I had to provide my SS # to prove I was a citizen of the USA. I was less then pleased to have to provide such personal info for delivery of two metal boxes. I've never had to do this before with any other carrier and have black balled DHL forever going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.