KT88 SE Basic or Master Kit - Page 16 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2012, 01:45 AM   #151
diyAudio Member

I've have a few (maybe 3 or 4) chassis left that are powder coated RAL9006. I'll sell for the same price until they are gone. The attached photos show what it will look like when built. You will have to refinish the transformer laminations as they can be somewhat rough. To achieve the mirror finish on the caps use automotive chrome/aluminum polish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SEKT88front.JPG (330.2 KB, 578 views)
File Type: jpg SEKT88back.JPG (318.8 KB, 558 views)
File Type: jpg SEKT88wiring.JPG (517.6 KB, 550 views)
Old 17th November 2012, 01:45 PM   #152
diyAudio Member

I have been using this kit for 6 months and all I got to say is that I recommend it alot, top quality components used everywhere and a clean layout. Sound is... just awesome!
Old 24th November 2012, 04:14 AM   #153
freax is offline freax  Australia
diyAudio Member

How much for shipping will a master kit cost for Australia?

Where can I shoot off an email so I can give you my personal details and get a quote on the master kit.

Does the chassis come in a black finish at all from you? I would be interested in a black powdercoat finish too, and would even prefer it over the classic looking gray.

If it doesnt then I will just purchase the grey powdercoat finish and paint over the top plate with my own colour.

Do the wood panels come in any walnut finish? if not then leave it bare and I will do it myself.

Last edited by freax; 24th November 2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:56 PM   #154
diyAudio Member

I sent you a PM with the shipping details.

I don't have the chassis in black, but since you are going to recoat, I would send a raw aluminum chassis instead of powder coated.

The wood end panels supplied are solid walnut. They have a light smooth finish. They look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freax View Post
How much for shipping will a master kit cost for Australia?

Where can I shoot off an email so I can give you my personal details and get a quote on the master kit.

Does the chassis come in a black finish at all from you? I would be interested in a black powdercoat finish too, and would even prefer it over the classic looking gray.

If it doesnt then I will just purchase the grey powdercoat finish and paint over the top plate with my own colour.

Do the wood panels come in any walnut finish? if not then leave it bare and I will do it myself.
Old 24th November 2012, 01:32 PM   #155
diyAudio Member

Yes I got that, thank you very much.

I will be getting it in a raw aluminium chassis.

I will fill you in with further information via email when funds are available and will request a paypal invoice upon that day.

Last edited by freax; 24th November 2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 26th November 2012, 06:48 PM   #156
diyAudio Member

Paid
Old 27th November 2012, 07:18 AM   #157
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regiregi22 View Post
Hello folks!
As I previously said, my plan was to mount the cover cage on this enclosure. The manufacturer advises that it is not compatible with the wood side panels, but after some careful planning I devised a way to achieve it. Suming it up, you have to mount upside-downthe wood side panels, then you break (or cut) a bit of the prominent wood that otherwise wouldn't allow you to screw down the bottom cover.

To allow to switch between Triode and Ultralineal mode, I have drilled a hole that allows you to switch if aided by a pencil or whatever stick-shaped object you may have around.
where is this cover from? I would also like to purchase one, simply for peace of mind when transporting my amplifier.
Old 27th November 2012, 05:24 PM   #158
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freax View Post
where is this cover from? I would also like to purchase one, simply for peace of mind when transporting my amplifier.
This is the cover that Regi is talking about, 1451-30:
Hammond Mfg. - Perforated Chassis Covers (1451 Series)

It will not work if using the walnut side panels, as you can see, without some major modification.
Old 8th December 2012, 01:47 PM   #159
diyAudio Member

Hey, get that, I got some small aluminium plates lasser written to show both UL and Triode connections.

Regarding how to install the mesh cover, it's a matter of compromises. You have to choose between easily installing ONLY the mesh cover, easily installing the wood panels, or installing both of them involving a bit of trouble as I did.

First, you take the wood panels and turn them upside down. That way you put upside the carved side of it, what will allow you to place the mesh at the same time that the panels. Then, you have to cut the wood in order to allow the bottom plate to be installed. You can not do it, but it may pose a safety problem. You make some extra holes to properly screw and nut the mesh. I made a hollow hole on the wood panel to allocate the screw's head.
Have a look at the mesh and enclosure pictures from Hammond's website and you will visually realize what I have explanied that bad (I'm sorry!).

Please do not hesitate asking any doubt,
Best regards!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (328.1 KB, 321 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (780.3 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (691.8 KB, 79 views)
Old 8th December 2012, 01:51 PM   #160
diyAudio Member

And, yes, it has a total of 6x screws per side supporting everything. Two for each handle, two on each side of the mesh and two dedicated for each wood panel. Feels quite sturdy when lifthing the ~16 Kg. :-)

Hide this!Advertise here!