• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tas5630+smps+aluminum case finished!new year coming!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We finally finished cased TAS5630 AMP,I use it drive my wooden boxes and enjoying CCTV Spring Festival Gala Evening from 1:00pm to now.
At this time!
Swirl of the auspicious snow, Fireworks all over the sky,Firecrackers lighting the room.New Year Coming!Happy New Year!

Sound excellent,this board is the fifth version of TAS5630,special for some paramter,20Z copper,Immersion au,blue silk.high current deliver out ,I just set output up to 30V/4ohm/0.5%THD one channel.dynamic range bigger.due to big power density,we call it Genius300.

We use TAS5630PHD in this board,Because Ti engineer tell me DKD expensive than PHD not for performance due to DKD heatsink material more expensive.I think I can save more money for our friends.

Work hard everyday due to look for lively music life!

Last edited:
TAS5630 Picture

Upload pic here.please give me good advice.

Attachments

• DSCF0811800600.JPG
    DSCF0811800600.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 7,320
  • DSCF0812800600.JPG
    DSCF0812800600.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 6,877
  • DSCF0787640480.JPG
    DSCF0787640480.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 6,753
oh!I think you may draw unsuitable PCB route when you meet such question ,S/N≥90dB,I haven't measure background noise value yet.

PCB is very similar to the reference design from TI, with solid ground plane too, with a lot of ceramic caps, mounted max 3-4 millimeters away from chip.
You said S/N>90dB. But how do I interpret it, if I have NO any input signal at all? :confused: I have seen somewhere in the datasheet, the absolute noise RMS voltage for TAS5630 is 320 microvolts (uV). Seems, I need to simulate this voltage myself, to compare it with my prototype...

But anyway, are you able to hear the idle noise from speaker from your amp with no input signal? :rolleyes:

Thanks! :)

Any amp have white noise out from surround,but we can't hear it because it is too low,If it is heard clearly ,I think the amp circuit should have problems,If you only hear some band noise,It should come from PCB route or power supply interference, S/N parameter is very importment for amp,you can look for web how to measure S/N.

I've got a pair of Authlxl's 300 power amps (thanks Authlxl). I can't hear any noise at all on my speakers (84dB sensitivity) with my ear right up on them, haven't done any measurements though. The amps appear to be well behaved in general. No turn on or turn off thump either. I've been playing with them on a bi-amp setup, was a little worried about connecting a tweeter directly to a 150Watt channel, but it works fine that way and sounds great. The amp sounds very powerful.

near 50V.

Thanks for the answer!

Well, seems I need to try 50V also. I have found, that in my prototype the background noise depends on the PVDD voltage... :confused: The _higher_ the PVDD is, the _lower_ is the output noise. :D I am using PVDD=35V now, which is fully enough for my application, but the output noise is a little bit too high. I would say, it is acceptable, but I can still hear it... :( With PVDD=20-25V the noise is too high for me.

I am using the ground plane too, there are a lot of SMD ceramic caps around the chip, mounted near (2-3 millimeters) to the chip. There are no any low signal PCB traces longer than 5 millimeters, and I have nothing connected to the input legs, only the 100pf ceramic caps to the ground. I can touch the output switching nodes before LC filter with no any change in the background white noise, so I would think it is not an EMI problem.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. :)

My new modules include 2 PSU (one positive other negative)developing,power resoure 700W RMS,this can support TAS5630 deliver out 225W/ch/1%THD/4Ω,Total output 450W stereo mode @ 1%THD/4Ω。I'm trying now.when they works stable(24 hours burning-in@half power)I will upload picture here.
In this modules I use clip pin for control signal,so this modules can't deliver out any power over 500W,because when THD over 1.5%,clip will enable output will down .this function can protect tweeter in full range using.and can output straight frequency response curve table。

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.