• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

Well, I see the problem. You could go with an digital Isolator eg. Ti iso7420, this can isolate 3.3v as well as 5v, so you could choose between isolation before or after level conversion. On the other hand, there are boards, with logic level conversion and isolation on one board.
But if it doesn’t bother you, just take the USB.

Hi Leon,

I've got received my SK Kit.
Up and running. Very nice.

Thanks again,
BR,
Seba

Hi Seba

Can you give some more info on your USB-TTL and other connections that you doing to update the firmware. Also the links to those boards as I also wanted to try and have a permanent solution on my Soekris chassis rather than open it up for change of filter or updating firmware. Your solution looks neat and full proof. But please keep in mind that I do not use this audiozen board but the other one "Normunds" input selection board.

Thanks

Well, I see the problem. You could go with an digital Isolator eg. Ti iso7420, this can isolate 3.3v as well as 5v, so you could choose between isolation before or after level conversion. On the other hand, there are boards, with logic level conversion and isolation on one board.
But if it doesn’t bother you, just take the USB.

Like i said. I couldn't find isolated TTL<->RS232 converter board. Using USB is not a problem because I won't expose all rPI ports. In my build rPI will be inside the case so I can easily change SBC from one to another.
I hope that making level conversion after isolation won't introduce noises in soekris.

Hi Seba

Can you give some more info on your USB-TTL and other connections that you doing to update the firmware. Also the links to those boards as I also wanted to try and have a permanent solution on my Soekris chassis rather than open it up for change of filter or updating firmware. Your solution looks neat and full proof. But please keep in mind that I do not use this audiozen board but the other one "Normunds" input selection board.

Thanks

I've bought Isolated USB<->TTL converter. This adapter gives isolated TTL signal (can be configured for 3.3V or 5V). Then I've used TTL<->RS232 level conversion board like this to connect soekris.
It won't affect the usage of Rpis UART pins because it will introduce new tty device (probably /dev/ttyUSB0). You need to use this new device to communicate with soerkis. I'm using fortaa/dam1021 library for filters/firmware update. I've changed dam1021.py to use /dev/ttyUSB0 device by default.

Last edited:
Thank you, I am using this KTC CONS Labs PL2303 Usb To Rs232 Ttl Converter Adapter for Aurdino Nano Raspberry PI (1 Pieces): Amazon.in: Industrial & Scientific for Usb To Rs232 Ttl Converter Adapter. I think this looks similar to your above link and this PL2303 adapter even has an the option to take 5V out, so I can use that to power the below RS232 to TTL converter module. I think you are using the 3.3v from the Soekris board instead.

I need to get the other board "RS232 To TTL Serial Converter Module DB9 Connector For Arduino". I hope this one is similar to your board but from aliexpress.com

Thank you I can now have a permanent solution within the Soekris chassis via my Pi3 which is residing outside.

Last edited:
It takes all too long .... temp housing
preview

preview
preview

The pi power supply is a 6xLT3045 from Aleš and is today for me the quietest. ;-)

I had a long brake with my Set but now I have just started..
Here are results (I have soekris board in another DAC set so while I will finish the case and installation I migrate it)
IMG_3465.jpg

Engraving is bad idea unfortunately , Laser or print would look much better
In meantime I manage how to install RPI
IMG_3468.jpg

in solid way...

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

I am during installation of sophisticated AC filters :)
IMG_3467.jpg

@Audiozen
I managed to broke small encoder (long story finalized with my foot on it :(... ) Could you tell me type of encoder you used?. I can skip the PCB and use encoder directly but I need to know type. Thank you

Last edited: