• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPA3251D2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks like one buyer took 4 in one go!

As was my plan! I've been trying for over a year to find a 'D' amp to redo my small HT system. Tried several of the current popular design's and almost pulled the trigger on the 2092 Class D audio amps, but the $$$ would impact other much needed and budgeted circuitry(DDRC88A/BM).

Well I've waited this long and I recall being told, Good Things come to those who wait...........Sigh!

While I'm waiting for my board, how does the bass/low frequencies compare to the 3116?

Yours must be due very soon? Mine took less than 2 weeks (to the UK)

Depending upon which 3116, ranging from 'markedly better' to 'night and day'. It's a full bass, not boomy or intrusive, just seems to make my music more complete.

A modified YJ Audiobah clone was my favourite Class D board.

I use my amps to feed either an old pair of Mission 760, Q Audio 3020 bookshelf or 2050i floorstanders; the latter will sometimes require the rear facing ports to be bunged on bass heavy music, such as Carbon Based Lifeforms remixes.

It is a very impressive amp. I've just sprung for the 'matching' power supply, so am keen to see any improvement over the 36v smps I'm using now. I'm not very patient when waiting for parcels...

Yours must be due very soon? Mine took less than 2 weeks (to the UK)

Depending upon which 3116, ranging from 'markedly better' to 'night and day'. It's a full bass, not boomy or intrusive, just seems to make my music more complete.

A modified YJ Audiobah clone was my favourite Class D board.

I use my amps to feed either an old pair of Mission 760, Q Audio 3020 bookshelf or 2050i floorstanders; the latter will sometimes require the rear facing ports to be bunged on bass heavy music, such as Carbon Based Lifeforms remixes.

It is a very impressive amp. I've just sprung for the 'matching' power supply, so am keen to see any improvement over the 36v smps I'm using now. I'm not very patient when waiting for parcels...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. My only complaint about the tpa3116 and similar is the bass is not as tight and controlled. I decided to get a connex power supply for the 3251 since they have 36v. I am using 8ohm speakers now and want to be sure i have enough power.

I've been curious about the q audio. They look like very good speakers for the money...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.