• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

I'm preparing the next dam1021 firmware release in a few days, will include full DSD support up to DoP128 and native DSD256 over the I2S interface, limited only by the USB to I2S interface's capabilities. The new DSD functionality will convert DSD directly to 352K PCM using a 1024 tab FIR decimation filter.

I have a question: It's actually the USB to I2S interface that handle DoP, the question is if there is a need for DoP support over SPDIF interface, if so I need to do my own DoP firmware.... So do anybody have any hardware that actually outputs DoP over SPDIF ?

I would also like to take suggestions about any simple functionality that need to be added before release, like to have the "V00" status output to indicate no signal, which will be added. Any suggestions have to be simple and easily tested here without additional hardware.

1. A way to query the current status over serial line would be really really useful for anyone using a microcontroller.

2. Enabling FSEL input for MCLK OUT selection would be useful and significantly simplify some hardware configurations.

I hope the bug with not loading multiple IIR filters will be fixed?

Thanks nige,
From your blog, u preferred parallel 2 to 4 26640 batteries for power supply, am I right?

Thanks so much
There are many reasons
But there is only one reason that matters

Found no audible differences between running at 4v or 3.3v

Because of that the other reasons become relevant

The 26650 lifepo4 cells native voltage range is between 2.5 to 3.6v and 4v is out of the comfort zone

Only need two main 3.3v + and - linear supplies and a linear 1.2v reg for whole DAC

Which is more simple

1. A way to query the current status over serial line would be really really useful for anyone using a microcontroller.

2. Enabling FSEL input for MCLK OUT selection would be useful and significantly simplify some hardware configurations.

I hope the bug with not loading multiple IIR filters will be fixed?

Mentioned before however...

Current status of V, I, L, F commands
i.e. request: L?<cr> response: L96<cr>

No Lock L status i.e. : LXXX if DAM initializes, or lost lock

Dear Soekris,
Could you please answer two my questions?
What does 'Filter cascading for digital crossover"
(https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/2015...kris-r-2r-dac/)' means?
And when can I expect these features?

Can't comment on other peoples writing. But the dam1021 have support for up to 14 IIR filters, t.ex. for digital crossover use. How to design them is up to you....

And is there an answer to a question how to set the delay in the FIR filter for the dam1021?

Best regards

There is no delay setting. You could manipulate the FIR coeffs, but again that is pretty advanced....

@soekris

Have I understood properly the product description on soekris.eu that the upcoming dam1021-12s don't have the custom resistors you mentioned earlier and so are really still rev2? Or am I reading too much into this?

Would you ever consider making the dam1121 available for the lowly DIYers? Maybe a group buy of 10 units or something similar. Obviously not the first priority on a brink of a product release, but it's such a svelte and elegant board that at least I personally would have a nice place for two.

-j

@soekris

Have I understood properly the product description on soekris.eu that the upcoming dam1021-12s don't have the custom resistors you mentioned earlier and so are really still rev2? Or am I reading too much into this?

dam1021 rev2 is sold out, rev3 is coming now and will use custom value resistors, see Post #1. Custom value resistors don't affect anything, just reduce part counts.

Would you ever consider making the dam1121 available for the lowly DIYers? Maybe a group buy of 10 units or something similar. Obviously not the first priority on a brink of a product release, but it's such a svelte and elegant board that at least I personally would have a nice place for two.

-j

The dam1121 will probably be available though the usual channels, but will require more engineering to use, basically it's designed to be use on a carrier board, like a DAC chip.... Full datasheet will be released soon on the soekris.dk website, don't ask here but check the website....

Thanks nige,
From your blog, u preferred parallel 2 to 4 26640 batteries for power supply, am I right?

Thanks so much

i have no blog
im too lazy for that :)

more batteries in parallel is usually better
would suggest 4 for vref and one for digital 3.3v rail and 1.2v reg another for i2s device etc
min of 3 and up to 6 i suppose sounds reasonable just depends what you expect

i wouldn bother with the smaller cells for this project there just not as good

I would also like to take suggestions about any simple functionality that need to be added before release, like to have the "V00" status output to indicate no signal, which will be added. Any suggestions have to be simple and easily tested here without additional hardware.
I would like to bring back to mind the difference between loaded and active Deemphasis IIR.
I would prefer that Deemphasis is only listed by the filters command or F? if it is active.
Next best solution would be that the query command indicates if it is active
e.g. something like:
Deemphasis (aktive)