• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SDA-400 Professional multi-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm in for a kit 2. I'd like to know the price though :D
Thanks for your interest,
Now I have only the price of Kit-1 (weekdays, the price of the enclosure)
€ 360 GB (this forum only).
€ 458 (without enclosure) at short online shop.

I can guarantee that all materials / components are checked and select them one by one. we tried to assemble a kit-1, complete with connections and wires, you can use 30 minutes, without using a soldering iron.

I remind you that some audiophiles mature, use this Mda-400 full-range, with great satisfaction to.

I imagine a line (two enclosures equal) one with fast AB class in side, and for this I am organizing quickly,I mean 2x150w in 1U-AB. :)

P.S.
At all: if you think this is a wonderful project, as a finished product high quality, please create a list, I need to know how many kits I have to reserve here.
I'm sure, offer a good opportunity.

Hi,
This diagram practical,for 4CH-SDA(KIT-3) it can help faster without errors.
Continue...

Hi Roberto,

In a case where we will have both RCA and XLR connectors on the SDA amplifier (kit 3), how would you connect the standoffs on the DPS-400? You say to replace the 3 non-earth connectors with plastic or nylon standoffs on the case of RCA (unbalance). How would you fix this?

394469d1390033205-sda-400-professional-multi-way-dps-400-sda-400-4-2ch.jpg

Thanks
Do

Last edited:
Hi,
I can still offer the kit SDA/DPS-400, now that some of them have listened to, and have also seen excellent stability, as well as the materials used.
I know that the price 2xSDA400+2xDPS-400 + 2x input PCB (complete) +2xPBTU3-ELNA is offered at an incredible price, considering it is NOT a Class D amp with simple chip.
All have paid € 210 for a kit, well, how did this price?

Maybe some do not have in mind:
Real cost:
Input Board & Attenuator+xlr...€ 15
2xPBTU3 complete... € 20 (10xELNA+10MKT or Murata caps)
2xDPS-400 complete € 64 (quoted/100pz) Yhaa it's not a smps €8,50 :D
2xSDA-400 complete € 58 (quoted/100pz) Yhaa it's not a D Class €6,50

Now we must add the investment for production, such as purchases in reels of active / passive,Km of heatsink (Fhisher) ,of transport, logistics and coordinating all work.
Is not possible offer at 210€, but..Becouse I have produceed 10000pz of SDA & DPS-400, then Miracle is possible.
Who wins in all this ? simple... the customer! if able to understand the amplifier. :)
I am for transparency, all are able to look at a product and understand, so the secrets no longer exist today.

Last edited:
Dear Roberto, I like your tansparency, and as I was a customer of the latest GB, I want to confirm that DPS/SDA is a very great deal.

I would like to openly give a feedback to help you selling more and making the community happy:

please keep offering DPS and SDA with good component at a good price.
This is really a good way for DIYer to enjoy SMPS and professional classD, with minimum integration effort. May be you can organize monthly GB for this product, with google form chowing the opetions or kit, like whats done in other threads.

But , in order for you not to loose money, I m questionning the benefit of the PBTU3 kit, and the PCB with xlr and pot. This is probably something the DYIer can solve themselves !
may be you just provide the PBTU PCB only and thats it. Also this will simplify your kit preparation and control ! (...)

I also beleive you should propose a complete turnkey solution with 2 MDA400 in dual mono in a finished box, where there is almost nothing to do just plug and play musique. Here there is some competition arround :) and a good powerfull dual mono is usually 500/600$

This way we have the choice, eitheir doing ourselves, at the very best cost, either trusting the product and buying one from you, off-the-shelves :)

I let it up to you to conclude, and you can count on me for my next purchasing :)

remark : I cannot understand the problem with post-it... and why you need UPS at 60€+ thats amaizing. Nowadays, its possible to get any goods from Singapore, taiwan or Sidney or USA for a couple of bucks, and safely. please enter in the 2000' and solve this asap !

cheers
fabrice

Dear Roberto, I like your tansparency, and as I was a customer of the latest GB, I want to confirm that DPS/SDA is a very great deal.

I would like to openly give a feedback to help you selling more and making the community happy:

please keep offering DPS and SDA with good component at a good price.
This is really a good way for DIYer to enjoy SMPS and professional classD, with minimum integration effort. May be you can organize monthly GB for this product, with google form chowing the opetions or kit, like whats done in other threads.

But , in order for you not to loose money, I m questionning the benefit of the PBTU3 kit, and the PCB with xlr and pot. This is probably something the DYIer can solve themselves !
may be you just provide the PBTU PCB only and thats it. Also this will simplify your kit preparation and control ! (...)

I also beleive you should propose a complete turnkey solution with 2 MDA400 in dual mono in a finished box, where there is almost nothing to do just plug and play musique. Here there is some competition arround :) and a good powerfull dual mono is usually 500/600$

This way we have the choice, eitheir doing ourselves, at the very best cost, either trusting the product and buying one from you, off-the-shelves :)

I let it up to you to conclude, and you can count on me for my next purchasing :)

remark : I cannot understand the problem with post-it... and why you need UPS at 60€+ thats amaizing. Nowadays, its possible to get any goods from Singapore, taiwan or Sidney or USA for a couple of bucks, and safely. please enter in the 2000' and solve this asap !

cheers
fabrice
Thank you very much , I really enjoyed your feedback.
The dual mono MDA-400,competitors have a nice finished product (compared to some audiophiles ) and it costs € 3,000

The pbtu complete, it is a way to save a little money for diy , I had the ELNA at € 0,40 one , I tested well also. but I agree for pcb without parts.
New agreements with ups offer me 34-36 € worldwide + original package ups , as darb have received, with isolated anti-static sheet inside also.

My philosophy is that the diy 's should not add to or modify the product , and this philosophy is also applied in the way I develop , I can not conceive of an amplifier naked and raw, without guards or other automatic devices , such as reliable and finished product .

I agree with everything maxidcx said!

To be honest you could save some euros on the extra boards like the RCA/XLR or potentiometer because I don't use them and I'm probably not the only one.

About the capacitor I'm close to put everything in case (next week or so) that's why I asked. If you have already send the capacitor no need to send one again the first one will arrive one day (I hope!!! :D)

Keep the good work and I love your dedicated case for the SDA-400 :eek:

Alexandre

edit: If UPS propose you 30/35 euros, stay away from Post-it because it's so terribly long!!! I don't remember the time it took for the amplifier but for the capacitor we're close to a month now.

Last edited:
Hello Folks;

this is a nice shining day here on the east side of the atlantics :)
this is the DPS+VSSA "in situ" this morning
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The first very good news , is that I cannot here any sort of noise in the tweet and comp. the DPS is clean and the PSSR of the VSSA is good. no need for additional coil or whatso ever fancy caps. no zzzz or chhh or fffff :eek:

this is the first 30' of sound so this is not possible to give any judgment of any kind, either for the combi VSSA-DPS or for any comparaison between SDA and VSSA if anyone wanted that, sorry:D

let me say the music is just Good, so good. Well, very conventional I d say. soft, cool, nice, that doesnt rock as the first try with the DPS-SDA, something different, here. bass very good, but not as tight and powerfull as SDS (yet?).
Voice/mids less brillant, more soft but sill good details.

well. I must stop otherwise I would start judging things which cannot at this stage :)

for those questioning VSSA with DPS, I feel very very good with this combinaison (compared to my DIY trafo 1200VA classA/B :rolleyes: ). Still the 1000uF onboarded on the VSSA PCB might have a serious impact on sound.

for those questioning SDA vs classA/B, waouh, I m very very satisfied as you understood.

all of that needs more analysis...(and time!)

but my project of integrating both SDA and VSSA driven by DPS in a single solution is confirmed today.

good luck for your integration and enjoy the sound

I'm bit surprised in your findings(in a good way :D)
Now that the amps are burned in do you feel the same way?

Hi Dominic,
The XLR input is independent from the isolation of smps. so if you want to use also rca, you have to isolate the gnd from the frame.
Check the regulators under the SDA-400, it is best to add a little insulation sheet. just a small rectangle.

I was asking because on the lower left corner of your connection diagram you wrote

"Important!!! If You use RCA (Unbal) as Input, replace this 3 spacers with Isolated plastic 7mm"

Thanks
Do

I agree with everything maxidcx said!

To be honest you could save some euros on the extra boards like the RCA/XLR or potentiometer because I don't use them and I'm probably not the only one.

I'm guessing that you get better SQ without using the volume input PCB of the SDA since the volume pot is omitted?

Roberto,
Looking at the input ribbon pinout, you have +/-15v and two led on this. What are the led indication for and what is the +/15Vdc supply for?

Thanks
Do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.