• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SDA-400 Professional multi-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Do,
Maxidcx said well, I add carefully use this + /-15V, some have used for dac, or small dsp board well.

Att.pcb, directly accepts the LED (without res add), I recommend the "CLIP", in orange Led high-light, becouse duration of clip state, is very short (we have dynamic anticlip on the amp, then clip time is fixed at 2.5 mS.

Note:
Fault LED is set as default as reverse operation. This means that it can be used as Switch-On. on after 3-4sec from main switch, and turn off immediately.
just someone not want to use the remote control on the DPS-400 (which includes an LED).
All LED use common gnd,obvious except remote control locate in "NOT ISO AREA"

500A Power Amplifier with DPS400

Almost finished.......just wire the transformers, connect input output and power and it's done.

Attachments

• 20140303_223045-50.jpg
    20140303_223045-50.jpg
    607.7 KB · Views: 332
  • 20140303_223159-50.jpg
    20140303_223159-50.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 320
  • 20140303_223221-50.jpg
    20140303_223221-50.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 299
Some news about my project with the dual mono SDA-400.

I've connected everything this morning and fired up the first of the two SDA-400. No problem at all, it worked like a charm on the first try. It's a bit noisy in comparaison with my LPUHP amplifiers but it's not really a surprise since they're world class performers in this domain. It's way better than the amp I was using before on my woofers. The SDA-400 handle my Revelator 10" so easily! For my use (<250hz) the SDA-400 is a perfect fit in my setup.

Some pictures:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

500A Power Amplifier with DPS400

Hi all.
Finally my power amplifiers are on duty.
My system is as follows:
Audiomeca Kreatura Transport
MAC Mini Transport
m2tech EVO
VIOLECTRIC V800
SPL Volume2
and the two monos with 500A module and DPS400 driving a pair of VEF Radiotehnika Giant FS-100N.
Great bass control, great dynamic and a lot of musicality. Great piano performance.
Thanks again for the customized power supplies.

Danilo

Attachments

• 20140315_144925-50.jpg
    20140315_144925-50.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20140315_144935-50.jpg
    20140315_144935-50.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 66
  • 20140316_163839-50.jpg
    20140316_163839-50.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 64
  • 20140316_172253-50.jpg
    20140316_172253-50.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 64
I tested the second amp/smps duo and I have a problem with this one. When I start the amp/smps everything is working good but after some time I have some kind of crackle that appears. I'll invert one smps/amp to locate what is causing this. I hope it's nothing and I can fix it myself!

No everything was solder in the right polarity. It worked ok for the first 10 minutes and then I started to hear some crackle in the woofer.

I switched the smps (not the capa bank) to locate the problem and then I had the smoke & sound in the woofer. The smoke and the smell of burnt went from the capa bank.

PandazYa Hello, I have a good look at the photos for a better understanding, this is the first case of a fault that I know about these modules.
The problem is reflected on PBTU3 (in reality, is located somewhere else)
As Dominic says, scratching on the small cap, has nothing to do at all.
If you have a cap inverted, the dps-400 not start also.
I think you have a problem gnd loop, or mistake at bottom of DPS-400 (check well smd small caps under each ELNA 1000uF63V).
Also, the SDA-400 has a significant offset protection, therefore, can not send DC to the woofer, then, it is likely that you have an auto-oscillation.
Some tips given that you have a plan in plex (with a lot of module)
Use the sheets as (Domopak for kitchen), rectangles under the various modules, and connect to the heart.
Show me the input solution you have in SDA.

In the meantime you can do a simple test.
disconnect the input to the SDA .
Connect a res 4R - 22R instead of the woofer.
Turn smps and leave it on for 1 hour. (measure the DC voltage output of the DPS -400 , before and after one hour. ( I assume that you do not have an oscilloscope )

Last edited:
"Some tips given that you have a plan in plex (with a lot of module)"

What does that mean exactly? The plexi could be a problem?
I took some close view pictures in case I wired something wrong.

I'll try to find a resistor to try the amp without input as you said.

DomoPak sheet, help you becouse you not have gnd plate, as metallic case.
Reduce noise also.

Questions:
I see 3 wire at input of SDA. use balanced input?
Not see heart connection at screw near 230Vac connector (DPS-400), you have?
At end, SDA running when switch up the smps? (relay switch after 2-3 sec)??
see pic..

Attachments

• SDA.jpg
    SDA.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 66
DomoPak sheet, help you becouse you not have gnd plate, as metallic case.
Reduce noise also.

Questions:
I see 3 wire at input of SDA. use balanced input?
Not see heart connection at screw near 230Vac connector (DPS-400), you have?
At end, SDA running when switch up the smps? (relay switch after 2-3 sec)??
see pic..
Can you tell me more about the DomoPak I have no idea what is it.

For the SDA input you said in your pictures that we need to connect gnd to -in in case of a unbalanced setup that's the 3 wires (GND/-IN and +IN)
I always connect earth to the screw that's only because I disconnected everything to have pictures more clear.
I have indeed the 2 seconds relay switch but if I remember well it didn't worked the last time I turn on the amp just before he smokes.

By the way the resistor is indeed dead what could have caused this?

Can you tell me more about the DomoPak I have no idea what is it.

For the SDA input you said in your pictures that we need to connect gnd to -in in case of a unbalanced setup that's the 3 wires (GND/-IN and +IN)
I always connect earth to the screw that's only because I disconnected everything to have pictures more clear.
I have indeed the 2 seconds relay switch but if I remember well it didn't worked the last time I turn on the amp just before he smokes.

By the way the resistor is indeed dead what could have caused this?
Perhaps it is not the same as the model, but the value is 100R 600mW. (without this res, the amp rest as stby)
This resistor is used as a load (before the relay, switch on the speaker).
Save your speaker, in the event, there is a DC output (for various reasons, including auto-oscillation).
Obvious that the monitoring offset, continues even after the relay is on

So, first intervention, replace this with 100R res.
disconnect the input
try to switch smps, with no speaker. if the relay switch after 2-3 sec. we're lucky, we do not have big problems :)

I'm sorry but I do not understand how you have connected the input.
If you do not have a balanced output, you must use only 2 wire (one shielded + hot)
(-IN) must be connected to AGND as short jumper connection under 10Pin (just a little pond between the pins)

DomoPak is a simple paper alluminum used to preserve some foods, or cook some dishes. hehe... I'm sure your wife knows.
Apply in your case is perfect rectangles under the various modules.
It's not strange, full used in electronic or special applications. (a roller can cost around € 2,50)

Attachments

• DomoPak.jpg
    DomoPak.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.