• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Rhodium Plated RCA Jacks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Good question. Yes, and that is one of the advantages of these connectors. With more conventional RCA sockets, the ground is reliant upon the torque of the mounting hardware and the cleanliness of the solder lug. By using a body notch instead, a non-soldered interface is eliminated from the signal path.

A member recently posted a query about the mounting nut being positioned outside of the chassis. The external mounting nut is what makes the body notch possible, because during assembly, the connector body does not have to be passed through the mounting hole, which would be obstructed by the solder joint.

YHPM

Thanks to all of you who have been buying these connectors. The USPS recently enacted a seven-dollar increase in the cost of their Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box. Adjusting for PayPal fees brings the cost of shipping outside the U.S. to $24.99 directly invoiced, or $26.95 through eBay. I linked to the USPS announcement below.

January 27, 2013, Domestic and International Shipping Services Price Change

Thank you for your praise. I'm considering having other audio connectors rhodium plated. The minimums are high, so I want to choose something popular. I noticed that while many eBay sellers offer rhodium plated banana plugs, none currently offer dual banana plugs with rhodium plating. Which of the below connectors do you think would be most popular?

(1) Rhodium-Plated Dual Banana Plugs
(2) Rhodium-Plated PC-Board Mount RCA Jacks
(3) Rhodium-Plated Chassis-Mount XLR Females
(4) Rhodium-Plated PC-Board Mount XLR Females
(5) Rhodium-Plated Chassis-Mount XLR Males
(6) Rhodium-Plated PC-Board Mount XLR Males
(7) Rhodium-Plated Chassis-Mount IEC Power Inlets
(8) Rhodium-Plated PC-Board-Mount IEC Power Inlets

I can have XLR connectors Rhodium plated on the contacts only, with projected male/female pricing being 3.99/4.99, or I can have all metal surfaces Rhodium plated, including the housings, bringing the expected male/female pricing to 6.99/9.99. Any thoughts as to which would be more sought?

Reduced International Shipping

Due to the significant cost increase of USPS Priority Mail International, the shipping for this eBay listing has been changed to USPS First Class Mail International, reducing the cost to about one-third of the former. USA shipments will still use USPS Priority Mail because domestic pricing has remained the same.

Rhodium Plated Teflon Insulated Air Tight RCA Jacks Chassis Socket Connectors | eBay

Attachments

• Rhodium_RCAs.JPG
    Rhodium_RCAs.JPG
    254.4 KB · Views: 336
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.