• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

How cool is this guys? :cool:

One VSSA channel done, one more to go. :smash:

Looks good.

a question:

I looks like your screws are mounted on the PCB? Are the screw holes not big enough so that you can mount the VAS transistors on the heatsink with a good tension?

a suggestion:

Add two GND blade connector so that speaker GND cable can get its own blade connector.

Looks good.

a question:

I looks like your screws are mounted on the PCB? Are the screw holes not big enough so that you can mount the VAS transistors on the heatsink with a good tension?

These screws with nuts are just temporary solution to hold firmly transistors against the PCB in the phase of soldering. All three transistors will be fixed to the main heatsink into its M3 threaded holes by M3x16 srews. Will post the pics to clear out that when heatsink arrives. :yes:

a suggestion:

Add two GND blade connector so that speaker GND cable can get its own blade connector.

Nope, the way it is, it is the best - one GND connection point. There(fore) will be only one 6,3 mm GND faston connector circuiting three 1,5 mm2 wires: (+)GND, (-) SPK and (-) GND. ;)

This is a very interesting discussion re soldering quality. Looking at the techniques threads there is little there which is adequately deep.

I have just moved over to using Kester lead free silver loaded (with a flux core) and find it to be 'sticky' with an ERSA station. A good thread/wiki on soldering technique would be of great benefit to many here. I am not experienced enough to start it, and would much appreciate it if someone who has experience and can produce really neat joints would do so. I realize LC has far too much on his plate, but any other takers???

Looks good.

a question:

There's 2 mm spacer between PCB and 2SA/SC to set equal distance as ALF, so tripod formed with BJTs can be tighten as much as it's safe for plastic cases, enabling good thermal contact - conductivity. ;)