• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

DSD playing

I use quite standard combination of buffalo iii dac with Amanero and WaveIO USB receivers, Ivy III, placid HD supplies, Otto II, arduino controller ... The problem I have is when playing DSD, then at the Ivy III outputs appears DC, on the left channel -1.4V and right -0.7 V. With I2S (PCM) there is no problems. The display shows the correct sampling frequency. I've checked the DC voltages and everything is fine, although I do not have an oscilloscope to see what is really going on. Oh, yes, I have the DSD sound, but is somehow clicking and crackling...

I use quite standard combination of buffalo iii dac with Amanero and WaveIO USB receivers, Ivy III, placid HD supplies, Otto II, arduino controller ... The problem I have is when playing DSD, then at the Ivy III outputs appears DC, on the left channel -1.4V and right -0.7 V. With I2S (PCM) there is no problems. The display shows the correct sampling frequency. I've checked the DC voltages and everything is fine, although I do not have an oscilloscope to see what is really going on. Oh, yes, I have the DSD sound, but is somehow clicking and crackling...

Can you play 352/384kHz. files wihtout issues?

Regards.

Received board, thank you :)

Wondering if any other users encountered issues on Windows 8? My converter/Buffalo combo worked fine (splendid in fact) on my friend's Windows 7 PC, but all it created was a loud buzzzz when connected to my Windows 8 PC. Oh well. Is there any way around it, or should I just roll back to 7?

Can you play 352/384kHz. files wihtout issues?

Regards.

Yes and yes. I don't really have 352 and 384KHz files except couple from the 2L edition. Tiny droputs was present on first 2-3 seconds but I think it's because of the upsampler from foobar.
Anyway, with DSD files, DC output desappeared the moment I've changed quantization from 6bT to something else (with little pop from the loudspeaker) , but strangely, didn't reappear when I set it to 6bT back again,though clicking remained.

However in general, we need to set "S/PDIF auto-detect" as "Bypass" by setting "SW2-5 ON" when we play DSD on ES9018. Have you tried this?

I have to put the TPA firmware chip back to try this with DSD. Jumper was already set to ON when I used WaveIO, but then I start using Arduino and removed the chip.

Regards

hello everybody,
I've heard about this group buy and I'd like to know if it is still open. As far as understand one group has been closed few days ago, so a new one has just started? Which is the number of required people?
Thank you very much!

Ciao misterGI,
as far as I can see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmX4TyHWgSmNdE5laDJQNlA3UVBYaWlrczJwYS1EcXc#gid=0

... I can see the GB5 is still opened. I'm thinking about gettin in this too, maybe we can combine the order.