• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Krell KPS-20i CDM Servo Board Part?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a part for my Krell KPS-20i Cd player. The transport and servo board went bad on me imagine that from a 10K CD player!!

I need help... Does anyone have one of these or know where on earth I can find one?

Thanks

Attachments

• krell cd transport part.jpg
    krell cd transport part.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 274
KPS20i trouble

This cd-drive is called Philips CDM-9-pro and is not available anymore.
If you're lucky you stumble across a new old stock part that was kept in a shop or private somehow/somewhere.
But who says it's the drive that broke down? Did you have the unit checked out?

thanks for your response - much appreciated

You can use the Laserunit of a CDM9/44 (the Krell KPS20 i uses the CDM9/60 or CDM9Pro) The motor on the pro (CDM9/60) is a more expensive brushless type.
I have the same problem and had a so called original Laser but after I swapped it it still did not read any data.
I just bought a CD Player with a CDM9/60 unit to prey on but Krell also altered the platter on top of the spindle of the brushless motor....:(
I'll keep you posted on my progress or failure
Don't expect any help from Krell.
The last time I contacted them about this matter they just said: "Buy a new one" period.

The brushless motor should be a Mabuchi brand but nobody knows the exact type.

Attachments

• Brushless CDM9-Pro motor.jpg
    Brushless CDM9-Pro motor.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Krell KPS20i Turntable.jpg
    Krell KPS20i Turntable.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 154
Krell KPS 20

I have one of these that I would like to get rid of.

The fast forward on the remote control doesn't work. I was talking to a local authorized service tech and I said that the unit takes quite a while to warm up and sound good. He said that it's probably some of the electrolytic caps are warn out from the high heat in the unit.

I just bought a big DCS rig and was going to get the Krell fixed up to sell though I wont give it away.

By the way the Krell sounds great if the CD your playing has stellar sound quality. Probably best for someone into Jazz or Classical who has mostly an excellent sounding CD library.

PM if you want.
buns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.