• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

No, this is a boot without SDcard.
Okay, I undestood.
I will give another try installing botic7.
and how do I fsck the eMMC?
If the installation goes well and the new botic 7 can be booted, you don't need fsck. If not, you might try fsck by booting up the BBB from your SD card.

If it does not boot after botic7 install, how do I do an fsck when I can't reach the BBB with puTTY?

Thanks
Unable to puTTY on SD card boot? If so, you might want to try to use a terminal application which can do log-in from your Win PC to the BBB by ssh on the condition that you have a private IP network. Tera term or pederosa will do this.

Regards,

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Okay, I undestood.
If the installation goes well and the new botic 7 can be booted, you don't need fsck. If not, you might try fsck by booting up the BBB from your SD card.

Unable to puTTY on SD card boot? If so, you might want to try to use a terminal application which can do log-in from your Win PC to the BBB by ssh on the condition that you have a private IP network. Tera term or pederosa will do this.

Regards,

Thanks,
no I meant unable to use putty if it doesn't boot from eMMC.
I'll cross my fingers :xfingers: & give Bv7 update a try in the morning. ;)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Okay, I undestood.
If the installation goes well and the new botic 7 can be booted, you don't need fsck.
Regards,

:D Installation of botic 7 went well!

However, I'm not able to get Squeezelite player, to run.
So, at least Bv7 is up & running. :)

This Bv7 has Volumio ? If so how do I remotely access it?
It sounds like it would do what I used Logitech Media Server on a PC to select files to play on the BBB Squeezelite Player.

Cheers-

:D Installation of botic 7 went well!

Congratulations, you finally made it. However, please tell us how you could manage the installation. By putty or by ssh access via a terminal application?
However, I'm not able to get Squeezelite player, to run.
So, at least Bv7 is up & running. :)
Could you elaborate more on it? Not able to install or not able to set up after installation? In case of the former, I've already addressed that the latest version can be installable on botic7 in this thread.

As for the boticized Volumio based on botic5, you can search the related posts in this thread. The offiicial Volumio for the BBB, which would be based on btotic7, appears still under construction, but you can search and get info on it in this thread as well.

Rgds,

Joined 2004
Paid Member
So, trying to get squeezelite running on botic v7

Tried xqt'ing and got this

root@botic:~# /usr/bin/squeezelite-DIR/squeezelite -o hw:CARD=BOTIC -n Botic -a 16384:1024:: -u mIX -r 96000
[12:56:06.032448] resample_init:271 resampling disabled

I know I saw a param for resampling in some file, but can't recall which,
looked at mpd.conf, not in there?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Congratulations, you finally made it. However, please tell us how you could manage the installation. By putty or by ssh access via a terminal application?
Could you elaborate more on it? Not able to install or not able to set up after installation? In case of the former, I've already addressed that the latest version can be installable on botic7 in this thread.

As for the boticized Volumio based on botic5, you can search the related posts in this thread. The offiicial Volumio for the BBB, which would be based on btotic7, appears still under construction, but you can search and get info on it in this thread as well.

Rgds,

I used puTTY with a connection type SSH. PuTTY running on a PC.
I have to confess, the reason the botic v7 failed on me before was
because I used the wrong file :rolleyes: sorry!

On the Squeezelite problem, I have it installed on the botic7
but something is amiss.

In my previous post I mention an ERROR 'resampling diabled',
and can't find where to set that.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The offiicial Volumio for the BBB, which would be based on btotic7, appears still under construction, but you can search and get info on it in this thread as well.
Rgds,

I will avoid Volumio for now and focus on trying to get Sq-lite player back.
Otherwise, for today I will drop back to an XMOS/USB hardware to enjoy
music.

added: Just found
#samplerate_converter "Fastest Sinc Interpolator"
in mpd.conf
and will try uncommenting that ........

Last edited:
added: Just found
#samplerate_converter "Fastest Sinc Interpolator"
in mpd.conf
and will try uncommenting that ........
This setting is only pertinent to mpd and does not affect the squeezelite setting.

BTW, I tried your command line in #2152 and noticed that there was no error message such as 'resampling disabled'. Though I have no actual device, the application appeared running well like below. The squeezelite binary is 1.8.6-825-armv6hf as introduced in #2130 and I believe I have the same botic7 kernel running as yours.
Code:
root@botic:~# uname -r
4.8.13-botic7-rc3
root@botic:~# ps -ef | grep squeez
root      1280  1272  0 04:24 pts/0    00:00:00 ./squeezelite -o hw:CARD=BOTIC -n Botic -a 16384 1024   -u mIX -r 96000
Regards,

Joined 2004
Paid Member
This setting is only pertinent to mpd and does not affect the squeezelite setting.

BTW, I tried your command line in #2152 and noticed that there was no error message such as 'resampling disabled'. Though I have no actual device, the application appeared running well like below. The squeezelite binary is 1.8.6-825-armv6hf as introduced in #2130 and I believe I have the same botic7 kernel running as yours.
Code:
root@botic:~# uname -r
4.8.13-botic7-rc3
root@botic:~# ps -ef | grep squeez
root      1280  1272  0 04:24 pts/0    00:00:00 ./squeezelite -o hw:CARD=BOTIC -n Botic -a 16384 1024   -u mIX -r 96000
Regards,

I believe that's the bin I downloaded. Will check in the morning.
I've been wondering if there might be some files missing that it
requires. Looking at log files to see if I spot anything strange.
I used the same instructions from a year and a half ago when I
originally setup sqeezelite player.
--Thanks

I believe that's the bin I downloaded. Will check in the morning.
I've been wondering if there might be some files missing that it
requires. Looking at log files to see if I spot anything strange.
I used the same instructions from a year and a half ago when I
originally setup sqeezelite player.
--Thanks
try to remove:
Code:
 -u mIX
parameter from your squeezelite init script

using
Code:
VOLUMIO_VARIANT="volumio"
VOLUMIO_TEST="FALSE"
VOLUMIO_BUILD_DATE="Sun Dec 11 23:12:55 CET 2016"

VOLUMIO_VERSION="2.041"
VOLUMIO_HARDWARE="bbb"

and
Code:
Linux bbb 4.8.13-botic7-rc3 #1 PREEMPT Sat Dec 10 01:35:51 CET 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

I was able to compile mpd 0.20.2

Apart for the usual devel setup, I've installed miero's packages from Index of /botic/pool/main for jessie.

it seemst that roar dev file has some errors and the configuration step for mpd has to be ./configure --disable-sndio --disable-roar

now mpd plays dsd files as intended

@miero did you had time to check if you can compile the packages for alsa-lib / utils for stretch?

I've actually read through this whole thread and learned a lot but I still have a problem.

I've installed the latest version of botic:
Code:
Linux botic 4.8.13-botic7-rc3 #1 PREEMPT Sat Dec 10 01:35:51 CET 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

My mpd.conf audio_output looks like this:

Code:
audio_output {
        type            "alsa"
        name            "Amanero"
        device          "hw:1,0"
        dsd_usb         "yes"
        dsd_native      "yes"
        dsd_native_type "2"
#       period_time     "1"
#       mixer_type      "software"
}

I'm outputting to an Amanero USB module into a Buffalo 3SE dac.

Music is being played using MPD.
Code:
Music Player Daemon 0.18.22-dsd-rt

When I play MP3s I'll hear a random pop every so often and if I play DSD files (DSD64) there's a lot of crackling in the background.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

BTW my Hermes-BBB and Chronus are on the way...

Last edited:
When I play MP3s I'll hear a random pop every so often and if I play DSD files (DSD64) there's a lot of crackling in the background.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Which version of firmware are you using with Amanero? The combination of "CPLD_For_1080" and "firmware_1096c" will be most stable.

BTW, I have no problem with Hermes-Amanero/Cronus for MPD on 4.8.13-botic7-rc3 kernel with the /etc/mpd.conf like below:

Code:
audio_output {
        type            "alsa"
        name            "Amanero"
        device          "hw:1,0"
        dsd_usb         "yes"
        dsd_native      "yes"
        dsd_native_type "3"
        priority        "FIFO:32"
        period_time     "1"
        mixer_type      "software"
#       mixer_device    "default"       # optional