• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AVCC 2.1 - module update

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Glad...

I popped one in over the weekend. It has made the biggest difference in my BII since synchronous clocking it. Less clunky/mechanical, at $40, it is a no brainer IMO.

We agree on this upgrade :). I put the new AVCC in my DAC at the end of last week and the improvement was far from subtle...
When I get my nCore set up going again I will be interested to see if this new AVCC helps solve the RF pick up problem I was getting from my USB inteface I2S wiring. My Pass amp does not exhibit the problem...

We agree on this upgrade :). I put the new AVCC in my DAC at the end of last week and the improvement was far from subtle...
When I get my nCore set up going again I will be interested to see if this new AVCC helps solve the RF pick up problem I was getting from my USB inteface I2S wiring. My Pass amp does not exhibit the problem...

Ha!

I think we agree on more than what might be readily apparent- this hobby is fraught with trade offs and assumptions.

I have ordered the new version as well. But what to do with the perfectly working "old" one?
I would like to use it in the OPUS DAC, thus needing to change one leg to 5V. Doable?

No - unfortunately changing the output to 5V is not really practical with the old version on which you would have to change the opamp and a few resistors - but even then it probably would not work well because it was not designed for that.

If your keen to try it I can give you some guidance privately. It would be no small undertaking. :)

On the new version you could probably do it just by changing 3 resistors. I could calculate those for you if you know what your input voltage range will be.

Cheers!
Russ

I’ve had BuffaloIII with new AVCC playing for several hours now and agree with previous posts.
The lift in clarity and detail retrieval is far from subtle and the overall improvement it made to the sound was obvious.:)
Not that the original was any slouch but the new AVCC is just better.
It’s sounding really, really good. :cool:
The best $40 I’ve spent in quite some time and as 4est put it ‘’a real no brainer’’.
Thanks Russ/Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.