• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AVCC 2.1 - module update

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, in my application the new AVCC 2.1 does not sound as good as the old version.
I lose much musicality and much resolution of the higher frequencies.
The Buffalo III have lost all its attributes who I love on it.

The I/V stage that I use is the balanced single ended FET version from this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/154866-new-take-classic-pass-labs-d1-ess-dac-159.html

Changing the plugged AVCC to the old version solved the problem an all was fine.:)
I know my DAC and his good sound for a long time and now I know how important the AVCC board for the sound performance is.
Should I burn in the new AVCC for a few days?
I can´t believe it.

I am hearing with my Aleph-X and Martin Logan Logan Request Electrostatic speakers.

With the Trident V3 there is no problem. They are good and will stay in my Buffalo.

Has someone an idea what i should make now?

Thank you for your answers!

Ok, so I´m going to hear a few days with the new version.

Because the other users are happy with the new version, I am looking now for a mistake in my DAC.
Which voltage on each output of the Buffalo board should I adjust with the trimmers of the IV-Stage? Pleease see my attachment.

I have heard half of the AVCC supply voltage is the best choice.
Now I use the Buffalo board with a static voltage of 1,7V on each of the four Output-Pins

Is 1,7V ok?

Attachments

• DAC IV.jpg
    DAC IV.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
Sorry, in my application the new AVCC 2.1 does not sound as good as the old version.
I lose much musicality and much resolution of the higher frequencies.
The Buffalo III have lost all its attributes who I love on it.

The I/V stage that I use is the balanced single ended FET version from this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/154866-new-take-classic-pass-labs-d1-ess-dac-159.html

Changing the plugged AVCC to the old version solved the problem an all was fine.:)
I know my DAC and his good sound for a long time and now I know how important the AVCC board for the sound performance is.
Should I burn in the new AVCC for a few days?
I can´t believe it.

I am hearing with my Aleph-X and Martin Logan Logan Request Electrostatic speakers.

With the Trident V3 there is no problem. They are good and will stay in my Buffalo.

Has someone an idea what i should make now?

I think it is the rest off your system. The new AVCC is without faults. Your system perform better with the fault.

Now I am happy with the new AVCC 2.1, but the new version has needed a long time for burn in (many hours with the power amp turned off).
I have twice put back to the old module and tried to analyze the differences.
With the AVCC 2.1 now I get much more transparency and would not go back to the old version.

Last edited:
I have a couple of the new AVCC 2.1 modules that I plan to replace the AVCC 1.0 modules with on my Dual Mono Buffalo III DAC. Are there any modifications I need to make to the Buffalo III boards before installing the 2.1 modules, or are the new ones drop-in replacements? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White
Let me know what you think.

I just installed the new AVCC. It improves the stereo image in my set. It also improves the balance of high, mid, low tones. The improvement is in the details. Always hard to describe as English is not my native language. I like it! Takes my set up a step further up the ladder. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.