Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise. - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 15th May 2011, 03:31 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Ok. Thanks! Will wait for availability to order.
Old 16th May 2011, 09:31 AM   #42
markusA is offline markusA  Sweden
diyAudio Member

The BII is just awsome and the possibility of configuring the BIII for multi channel use is reason enough for me to covet it.

If you include the option to add digital crossovers and EQ I'll personally start a TPA fanclub.
Old 19th May 2011, 08:25 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

Default NOS

I would like to put in a SW request: to be able to switch between Non Over Sampling and Over Sampling.

/IR
Old 19th May 2011, 09:19 AM   #44
diyAudio Member

The set looks like a starship for me... :-)
Old 19th May 2011, 02:57 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Default Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngemarR View Post
I would like to put in a SW request: to be able to switch between Non Over Sampling and Over Sampling.

/IR
I do not believe that is really possible, as the ESS chip does actual D/A conversion at a very high sample rate.
Perhaps you mean you want to disable the asynchronous sample rate converter (often termed "upsampling")? If so this is not really possible either, without a hardware change, as one would have to provide two new masterclocks to match 44.1 and 48 base sample rates. This probably could be done if using I2S in to the DAC, and providing the masterclock with the I2S feed-I would like to see this second option, with I2S input for bit, word, master, clocks, and data.
Old 19th May 2011, 03:02 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Default mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusA View Post
The BII is just awsome and the possibility of configuring the BIII for multi channel use is reason enough for me to covet it.

If you include the option to add digital crossovers and EQ I'll personally start a TPA fanclub.
If you use Pure Music, it provides for a digital crossover, and I believe they are working on adding a high quality equalizer in software as well. Then you could use a B-III in multichannel mode to do what you want. Of course you would need a multichannel capable computer interface; I beleive there is a thread here (in digital source) regarding a multichannel capable computer audio interface you might want to investigate.
Old 19th May 2011, 05:08 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

I want AC2 and Mux for I2S/DSD/SPDIF, I own BII with trident, should I upgrade to BIII for that feature? very confusing now...... I need stereo only
Old 19th May 2011, 05:54 PM   #48
LeonvB is offline LeonvB  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

No, the BIII has 4 SPDIF inputs but that doesn't mean you can also connect I2S/DSD at the same time and switch between those three types of inputs. If the AC2 is launched, you could use that and a couple of relays together with the current MUX to switch between I2S and SPDIF. All without a need to upgrade to BII. Of course the catch is in the IF. I've been waiting for years what initially was referred to as the uber-controller, then the AC1 and now the AC2. It's not available yet.
Old 20th May 2011, 01:29 PM   #49
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
All 8 inputs of the ESS9018 are available on the Buf-III.

If you read and understand the datasheet then there are all sorts of combinations open to you. But some of them would require either relay or solid state MUXing. There is no way around that in some cases. You could however very easily mux up to 8 TTL SPDIF sources.

The default firmware will be setup to allow you to optionally MUX up to 4 SPDIF inputs. We will also have a cool little 4 source input board as will as a little board with a rotary source select switch mount (and LEDs that indicate the selected source) for the front panel.

Cheers!
Russ
Old 20th May 2011, 04:02 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

Could it be possible for the Buf-III to mix those different spdif input signal, or even using an independent integrated volume control for each one?

Hide this!Advertise here!