• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
sounds more like a short to me. What resistance do you measure on the BIII +/- terminals?
I would not power the BIII anymore before having located the problem.
Did you already use the 3V3 BiB's on BII or were you using Tridents?
Are you sure you did not connect the BiB 3V3 supplies to Vd on BIII?

Last edited:
Sidecar will add about 60 mA (20 mA/relay) when I2S/DSD is selected (relay coils powered). Zero consumption with S/PDIF selected.
To my best understanding....

Very close. :)

You were correct with the ~60ma when relays are active. When wired normally if they are active the SPDIF 4 module is switched off so it is not drawing current. When the relay are not active the SPDIF 4 is drawing current. (though I don't remember exactly how much off the top of my head). In other words the relay also switches power on/off to the SPDIF/4. :)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Very close. :)

You were correct with the ~60ma when relays are active. When wired normally if they are active the SPDIF 4 module is switched off so it is not drawing current. When the relay are not active the SPDIF 4 is drawing current. (though I don't remember exactly how much off the top of my head). In other words the relay also switches power on/off to the SPDIF/4. :)
Very neat Russ:)
There will never be the load of both SPDIF/4 module and the relays at the same time. Any significant "click/pops" when switching between the two?
Cheers,
Nic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.