• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Adding Treb and Bass adjustment?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joel,
Each filter is a small gyrator. I tried to give you a clue with my silly Q clues. You see it "sticks"for ever if you have to do some of the work yourself.:)
Thinking of them as gyrators, each one increases the Q of the coupled capacitor, so the boost band is narrower and peakier.
Thinking of them as resonators, they are tuned circuits resonating at the peaking frequency.

It's almost "something for nothing";)

EQP1A

cadman,

Do your self a favor! Blow the Bax. circuit out. This is the most commonly used "HI-FI" EQ on the planet and only delivers ho-hum performance. Bite the bullet and build a stereo Pultec EQP-1A clone. You will then have an EQ that will cause you to never look back. If not the Pultec then Steve Bench's little inductor based 3-band would be the next choice IMO.

Robert Morin

Guess I'll jump in here-
Frank, why do you think tapping the preamp's supply wouldn't work? It already offers +/-200v from two transformer/v-doubler ckts that should have no problem carrying the load after some light fortifying. Heater supply is no problem, the trans is rated 20A. Aside from the benefit of chassis isolation. Am I overlooking something?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.