• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

DIY something like iMPAMP??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
revintage said:
Hi userguide,
This is the schematic I promised. Will not try the 6C45 version.

Thanks for the schematic Lars !

Sorry for the late response I was far from my iceberg... :cold:

I've no more DN2540 in my part bin :(
So I'll tried your design with 10m45S CCS for the 7DJ8 and LM317 for my 6N30Pi-EV with a Talema 7+7 / 115+115 25va blue jewel...

I designed a small 6SN7-6BX7 push-pull amp using commodity parts - see schematics. Three tubes, single PCB construction, solid state HT rectifier, toroidal output transformers. Not as compact as iMPAMP, but a little bit beefier at 5W/channel.
Hi Andrei.
I am at the beginning of this thread from like more than 5 years ago so, I don't know what it says by the end, yet. If I want to understand your schematic 6SN7-6BX7, how can I tell this is a guitar amp, or is a stereo amp or is hi-fi? My aim is to build an amp to play an acoustic guitar (actually a classical) and if it is possible I want it to be a tube amp and then hi-fi. Something like yours match my criteria? Do you have or know any other schematic that would be better for me? Thanks

Imp amp schematic

Hi so has anyone build the im amp clone yet i am interested on building it i do have some parts i could use for it and do have some experience building amps .
Is there anyone here that could provide me with a schematic or rough drawing idea please ? Somewhere where i could start to put it togeather . I heard about a schematic on a video but dosent seem to show very much on it . Any help please i would love to build this little beast
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.