• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

@Mhouston
Thank you for the comments
similar 6p3s SE :hohoho:

Attachments

• Xmas Amp.jpg
    Xmas Amp.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 1,506
Build this amplifier last week! The dimensions of many pre fabricated cabinets are not of my liking, so I decided to build one myself.
It's a stereo single ended EL84 design using 'schade feedback'. It's build exactly according to Aleksandar Kitic's RH84 schematic.
It uses a JJ 5U4GB rectifier and a JJ ECC81 as driver. The power transformer is wound to my specification by 'AE Europe' in Schagen, Holland.
Output transformers (AT06) are from HB Amp Design in Germany. The parts are all ordered,
except the EL84's (Haltron, made by Tungsram factory) I had those lying around... mostly the reason I build this.
It sounds great! The lower frequencies are represented very well, and the mids and highs are very detailed, great schematic.

Actually it doesn't use Schade feedback, this kind of feedback is invented by Aleksandar Kitic himself.
:)

A Russian product, low price :D

Well, that little old scope served me for quite some time.
After a diy-break of several years I turned it on and it worked for about two minutes. Power light is on, but nothing on the screen.
And I really need my scope now: I just finished the first mono of a new PP KT88. It is quiet, even on high efficient speakers, but I can't get stable AC readings on my DMM.
ECC99 LTP with a LM334 CCS as the tail, set for 5mA, directly coupled to a 6SN7 driver (shared 12k cathode resistor, 8mA total). The KT88's running in triode @ 465V, driven by IRF820A's as source followers.

Attachments

• WP_002216.jpg
    WP_002216.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 1,368
  • PP-KT88-t-.png
    PP-KT88-t-.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,317
WHAT?! More than one tube in a stereo preamp?:
Beautiful amp!!!
Each tube only has a single pentode. I recommend you don't use a Ck but if you do 150uf is the valve. A 10V version is sufficient. I used a 0.47uf Jensen copper, paper and oil cap on the output. According to the designer (Matt) it is OK to use 0.47 and not 0.33uf.

Thanks for the nice comment.

Attachments

• C3M schematic.jpg
    C3M schematic.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Hey guys,

i also want you to show my KT88 Single Ended Amp. Its the best Amp i have ever build :)

In the photos you can see 2 different rectifiers, i changed it finally to the bulbed version of the 5U4GB.

A preamplifier is still in plan.

Attachments

• IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    848.5 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    877.9 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    849 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0295.JPG