• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Thank you, my friends, for your feedback :)
@Tomy: Have to agree with the others your craftsmanship is exceptional. In my Silver Dragon 300B amp I didn't use electros either but used the Mundolf M-caps. Up to 100uf at 550V polypropylene caps. Not cheap but very good.
Thank You!
I used six polypropylene caps Acrotronics 425uF 700V in PS of output stage because need more capacity, but the rest of the capacitors is PIO with tin foil. Total capacity is about 3000uF. Energy capacity 70 Joule per 1 Watt. Output tube is an ex-USSR UB-180 triod, more then 70 years old (1939) with barium cathode. AFAIK it is the best for sound.
Hi Tomy,
very good job!
I also have Bozak speaker and I would like to have some information about your speaker if it's possible. How is the sound? where did you find the plan?
Tigrine
Thank You! I think B199 is very good woofer to my ears, but twitter doesn't. I replaced it with another Jensen RP-302A.
All the plans and schematic diagram are born in my head, I am already 30 years sound. All transformers and chokes is made myself. For example the output transformer for UB-180 weighs 12 kg and 36 square cm, Ra=12000 Ohm.

Attachments

• ub-180.jpg
    ub-180.jpg
    897.1 KB · Views: 1,791
  • DSCN7491.jpg
    DSCN7491.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 1,670
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:cop: Filosoff, This is an English speaking forum. If you post in Russian you must also post an English translation.

Filosoff, это английский форум говоря. Если вы разместите на русском языке вы должны также разместить перевод на английский язык.

ParrAmp

Hi!

Here you are a few pics of my current (In constant evolution) system.

The Power amp is a highly modified OddWatt. I have two sets of tubes:

a) TungSol 6SL7 + Raytheon 6550 [ non-electric Jazz ]
b) RCA 6SL7 + GT KT88 [ Rock ]

The Pre-Amp is a highly modified blue-velvet Preamp directly connected to the output pin of the CD player's DAC chip.

Enjoy!

--Rodrigo.

Attachments

• ParrAmp01.jpg
    ParrAmp01.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 1,550
  • ParrAmp02.jpg
    ParrAmp02.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 1,485
  • ParrAmp03.jpg
    ParrAmp03.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 1,396
Hi!

Here you are a few pics of my current (In constant evolution) system.

The Power amp is a highly modified OddWatt. I have two sets of tubes:

a) TungSol 6SL7 + Raytheon 6550 [ non-electric Jazz ]
b) RCA 6SL7 + GT KT88 [ Rock ]

The Pre-Amp is a highly modified blue-velvet Preamp directly connected to the output pin of the CD player's DAC chip.

Enjoy!

--Rodrigo.
Hi and Congratulations. What mean with non-electric Jazz and Rock?
Availability in electric diagrams?
Sehr Gut!