• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Why do you think that?

Hi Felixx,

I try to read everything concerning Kondo (on forum)...and I came across it a lot.

Often people complained that the Kondo hype was unjustfied because they had built according to the schematic with mediocre end results.

But maybe I overlooked the fact that they do not like the
Kondo sound in the first place.

Anyway lets say it is my personal opinion in order to avoid discusion I am perfectly okay with that.

Hi, This is my first DIY tube amp after several SS and chipamps. It is based on Ari Polisois simplex (tnx for it!).Yet it is just a mock-up but I will soon start enclosure construction. Still looking for some nice meters or edgewise type meters for panel mount.
Sounds really good. bias - 200mA or 2V across 10R in psu. Output transformer from INDEL as well as Power tranny. Hammond 1H choke in 6c33c PSU (220V). Driver stage - 420V.
Tubes - 6n6p an 6s33c in SE.

I have one of Ari's first simplex he sold the parts for, I have bought the OPT and then I built the rest (of course). Right now I have my Simplex in parts because I built a new chassis this summer as it should have, instead of two boxes.

I know you will be very satisfied with the sound quality of the amplifier performs, one tip do not skimp on plastic film capacitors I have changed them already a couple of times and it got better each time.

Good luck with your build.

Anders

No I BTW...it is amazing or to put it different it stays incomprehensible how a rack can alter your sound/music.

It's about microphony, or rather lack thereof, allowing the gear to better transmit musical micro-signals, I guess.
But you have to have a VERY good and transparent audio chain in order to perceive this kind of differences.

Good job you did there...

As promised We (my audiobuddy and I) managed to rectify with tubes the chip supply ...results to my ears a better one then with diodes...warmer musicality.

Anyway now it is worthy to mention in a tube topic...since the are staying.

My cd-transport (transport only...*ahum*)...still on my testboard ofcourse...

Tubes 6CK3

index.php

index.php

As promised We (my audiobuddy and I) managed to rectify with tubes the chip supply ...results to my ears a better one then with diodes...warmer musicality.

Anyway now it is worthy to mention in a tube topic...since the are staying.

My cd-transport (transport only...*ahum*)...still on my testboard ofcourse...

Tubes 6CK3

index.php

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod...

That is like every electronics project I have ever made rolled up into one.

I am sitting here slack jawed at the beauty and my own non-understanding of it all. Nice.

Last edited:
I'm a newbie in tubes/amp modifying so I probably done something wrong;) Anyway; pics on my Yaqin MC-100b bought beginning of Jan 2013. (latest version) I'm very happy with it. Been testing alot of different components/brands and ended up with this (so far).... It plays truly realistic with never ending listening sessions :)

Attachments

• DSCN4966.JPG
    DSCN4966.JPG
    879.3 KB · Views: 1,212
  • DSCN4962.JPG
    DSCN4962.JPG
    884.5 KB · Views: 1,139
  • DSCN4955.jpg
    DSCN4955.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 1,090
I'm a newbie in tubes/amp modifying so I probably done something wrong;) Anyway; pics on my Yaqin MC-100b bought beginning of Jan 2013. (latest version) I'm very happy with it. Been testing alot of different components/brands and ended up with this (so far).... It plays truly realistic with never ending listening sessions :)
Max to the Max.