• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

SE SV572-10 monoblocks. After the pics has been taken, OPT:s are replaced with Lundahls.

Attachments

• audio29.jpg
    audio29.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,200
  • audio28.jpg
    audio28.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 986
  • audio18.jpg
    audio18.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 988
Last edited:
Hey Airhead, can you describe what and which those tube amps are? Looks very interesting and quite a lot work.

Is that a 6L6 PP to the right?

On the back row is a pair of SE SV572-10 monoblocks based on VTV magazine article. I made few improvements which I think improve sound quality and reliability. Driver is 6EM7. I replaced output irons to Lundahls since this pic was taken.

In the next row is basic SE 300B power amp made using some Dutch transformers, 6SN7 driver. All caps in power supply and amp circuit are polypropylenes. In the middle is SRPP 5670 linestage with tube rectifier and stepped attenuator, it´s made on Chinese PCB:s. And yes, next machine is PP 6L6 integrated, basic design is from Glass Audio article written by Joseph Norwood Still, I made many improvements, better quality components, CLC-filter with polyprops, shorter signal path (input selector is near RCA-connectors, assemled in a long rod) etc.

Next in the pic is 6SN7 linestage loosely based on the VTV article, AC filaments and quality components that I allways use. Then there is integrated with KR300BXLS tubes, all polypropylene PSU and Audio Note OPT:s, polyprop cathode bypass on power tubes, totally solid state free design. Next to it is Hagtech Cornet Classic phonostage made by extremely HQ components (Auricaps, Dales, Elnas, Rifas).

In the front is my oldest build, circuit board phonostage with three 6DJ8´s, regulated solid state PSU, WBT connectors, teflon wiring and so on. At last there is passive pre with quality connectors, teflon wire, rotate switch and Alps pot.

Attached a pic of KR300BXLS integrated underneath the bottom plate.

Attachments

• audio15.jpg
    audio15.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 1,027
Reference line preamp

My new build, schematics provided by Alex Kitic.
It's a line section pre-amplifier with 3 tubes, an EZ80 and two 6189W (ECC82).
In the audio section there's only one cap per channel.
It has a CLCRC power supply.
5 inputs, an Alps potentiometer and a 'HB Amp Design' custom wound toroid power transformer. Designed and build the housing myself.
The design allows placing inside furniture, because there's not too much heat generated and there are no tubes on top.
The power amplifier on the picture is my previous build, the RH Universal, schematics also from A. Kitic.
:)

Attachments

• IMG_0597.JPG
    IMG_0597.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 1,231
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 1,250
  • IMG_0586.JPG
    IMG_0586.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 1,261