• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

THey look stunning. I have 845 tubes, high quality OTs and a 1050-850-0-850-1050 Volt power tranny rated at 300mA sitting on my shelf. Would you be prepared to share you schematic?
Perhaps you could start a new tread if so.
Cheers,
Ian
Of course.
You can see some of my work here: 845 • HiFiMusic

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 929
Last edited:
Hi! What do you mind PSE? Push-pull SE? No,just 845 driver push 845 output tube.. Pout=24W
Must be wonderful amp but very expensive.
I made my 845 with a sowter output and drive it with 5881 screen driven with 12HG7 pentode {peter Millet} . Only 750 volts for 15 watts, my speakers are 105db so don't need more power.
Phil

Looks good! But You You took many solutions for non-existent problems, I will try this Solidworks mock-up software, Does is friendly or/and intuitive?
Best Regards.

Solidworks is expensive, I made the model beacuse i needed files for CNC machines when making parts.

SW is not easy to start with and with the price I would recomend other solutions, I have license from my employer.

Tranny in the midle is a chocke on high voltage, it is on 10H and rated for 300mA. Voltage is 485Vdc.

A pair of VTA st70's for audio. For guitar I swap between my version of a Fender Champ and a Tweed Deluxe. The Deluxe is soooo sweet, but I fear the neighbors will complain! The Champ is my baby. I've messed with caps, speakers, cabinets, OPT's, grounding schemes, and tubes. Still haven't found what I'm looking for but in each step I learn and hear more.

Here is mine. Been my daily system for about five years. Can't add much to the conversation, because the circuits aren't my design. I did build them, and that's worth a photo.

On top is mostly tubelab se.
Middle is an aikido style preamp.
Bottom is the phono amp, also aikido topology and point to point.

Big thanks to Tubelab and Tubecad!

Attachments

• myhifi.JPG
    myhifi.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 1,021
It takes two to bi-amp

GU-50, more power than KT-88, true pentode design. Preamp my own proprietary design, a mix of solid state and tube. Stunning clarity and powerful enough to drive 15-inch active-passive bass module. The other is 6L6GC running midrange and treble.

Attachments

• GU50new.jpg
    GU50new.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 879
  • 6L6tubewood.jpg
    6L6tubewood.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 852