• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I like it too but the more I look at it the more I think it's not a chassis for tubes - and I'm no fan of chip amps.
We'll see.... maybe I can get all the parts inside.

Every time I post here I feel obliged to post a picture. It's the photo thread. This one had a 'wasted' look but it was discarded - not good enough.

Attachments

• DSCN1215.JPG
    DSCN1215.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 1,068
It's elegant but it's a SS chassis. The enemy within. :)

SS...? Solid-State? Stainless-Steel?

It looks to me like an blank kit anodised aluminium chassis of the type often found from HK or China based sellers on Ebay. I am currently using a slightly larger one for a project that I am working on.

@blackdod - I like the look that you have achieved. The extra metalwork is a nice touch

Last edited:
Handles are usually handy to protect sockets, knobs, tubes...

Thanks Wave.

Effectively, the Ikea´s handles are for protect the tubes, caps... and EMO are very nice, prac, hard and economical...

If you have kid, pet or a home-employee, you know that I say. ;)

Ikea is a shop for the DIY. :D:D:D

Well, I prefer the metal chassis (Pasante-Modu or aluminum chassis) for some reasons:

I like the simple stile of the front panels. Clean and with the essential. All component of my audio (DIY or not) have the same look.

The metal chasis gave me a solid structures for built. Yes, I understand that a chassis wood for a Tube amp is ver nice... but I prefer Aluminum, sorry. :(:(

Cheers

The metal chasis gave me a solid structures for built. Yes, I understand that a chassis wood for a Tube amp is ver nice... but I prefer Aluminum, sorry. :(:(
s

I'm with you all the way. Aluminum provides shielding and makes for a nice, rigid chassis. You can drill and tap holes in it. It machines nicely and doesn't split if you look at it funny.

Yep. Big fan of alumin(i)um.

~Tom

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Yes, I understand that a chassis wood for a Tube amp is ver nice... but I prefer Aluminum, sorry. :(:(
Cheers

My concern is not with materials, my concern is with mass produced chassis with no personality whatsoever. Guess you added the handles because you felt it did look a bit plain as it was - and you were right.

About my headphone amp. Getting there, that handle must go tho'.

Attachments

• 2step.jpg
    2step.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 996