• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Hallo Dave, to be honest I don't know what tell you, those are some of my amplifiers that I built during the last 2 years. I like to use only NOS tubes and high quality components. As you can see the S.E. tubes are 316A or 304TL or 808... Most of my amplifiers are S.E., I just built few P.P and one OTL. Photos in attach
Guido

Attachments

• PIC00288.JPG
    PIC00288.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,799
  • PIC00357.JPG
    PIC00357.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,764
  • PIC00383.JPG
    PIC00383.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,700
Hallo Dave, to be honest I don't know what tell you, those are some of my amplifiers that I built during the last 2 years. I like to use only NOS tubes and high quality components. As you can see the S.E. tubes are 316A or 304TL or 808... Most of my amplifiers are S.E., I just built few P.P and one OTL. Photos in attach
Guido
Nice covers, oil filters? =)

Last edited:
Hi Reegal
Are those 3B25 or 3B28 ? and all in positive bias ? I like separate the power supply and one for each tube, tube 810 805 808 812 809 826 in used
tony ma

Attachments

• Picture 139.jpg
    Picture 139.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 728
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 729
  • Picture 056.jpg
    Picture 056.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 632
  • Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 713
  • Picture 186.jpg
    Picture 186.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 665
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 593
Wow..some amazing amps here!!

Guido, I really love your designs with the wood enclosures. They look like coming out of a steam punk future! breathtaking.

Tony, wonderful amps too! also love the second pic but the fourth catched my attention..is this a ATX case? brilliant idea!

One day, when I´m "grown up" I want to be in your guys league too!

In the meantime heres my humble approach at DIY hifi..I now it cannot compete with guidos and tonys projects but it is my first one and I´m still learning all the tricks and I´m quite proud of it nevertheless :)

JELabs Simple 45 design. I recently converted it to battery bias and I´m amazed at how much better the thing sounds without a cap at the cathode! Will try to substitute the 45´s cathode bypass electrolytic caps with MKP or similar soon. I bypassed the Electrolytic caps yesterday with small 0,22 polyprop´s prior to taking pictures....sadly it was too late allready to hear if it´makes a difference at all.

I tried to use only Oil/Paper and MKP caps in my build. OPT are Lundahl 5K to 5R.
Sound is veeery detailed but you forget to listen to details because it´s musicality demands attention to musik, not hifi :)) .. I love my little amp!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Guido

Reegal - Your creations are truly original and pretty combinations of art and technology.

Wow..some amazing amps here!!

Tony, wonderful amps too! also love the second pic but the fourth catched my attention..is this a ATX case? brilliant idea!

Hi Thafred
That is not ATX case, is a Xerox copy machine's power supply case, I got that for free, most case of my amp was from recycle of electronic equipment's case, got from surplus shop. or some of them were home made,You did very good job too keep going.second pic also battery bias for 5876 drive 809 SE. more pictures for you

Attachments

• Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 412
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 534
  • Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 510
  • Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg