• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

12ax7 preamp,need help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks for reply:)

I plan to make a line stage,A lot of friends around me say that 12AX7LPS are adjusted very badly,but the sound is very fine,very warm.

This is my sch,any suggestions?

Attachments

• 12ax7sch.gif
    12ax7sch.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 530
12ax7

Personally, I would go for the 6SN7gt, or the 6SL7gt if you need that extra gain, the 12ax7 aint a great valve, a bit prone to microphonics, Changed dosens of them over the years!

The 6sn7/6sl7 have a great reputation it seems, but they are an International Octal 8 pin, and benefit from DC heaters to reduce injected hum, especially in phono stages!

Re: 12ax7

Alastair E said:
Personally, I would go for the 6SN7gt, or the 6SL7gt if you need that extra gain, the 12ax7 aint a great valve, a bit prone to microphonics, Changed dosens of them over the years!

The 6sn7/6sl7 have a great reputation it seems, but they are an International Octal 8 pin, and benefit from DC heaters to reduce injected hum, especially in phono stages!

Hi, alastair
can i use 6sn7 for phono stage & 12ax7 for line stage?

isak0411
:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.