• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

indicator light using filament 6.3VAC voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just uploaded a schematic of a circuit, and I need some help with it. The LED is a two color indicator, that is powered from the 6.3VAC filament supply for a 12AX7 tube. The LED indicates the condition of a "fat" switch that feeds the plates, and it is controlled by a switch operated SPDT relay. The schematic only shows the indicator circuit. This all worked before I had to change the ground reference. The two 100 ohm resistors used to connect directly to ground. How do I get the indicator working with this new arrangement?

Attachments

• IMG_5214_opt.jpg
    IMG_5214_opt.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 416
In fact, you can get rid of most of the components, relay, etc, and leave the indicator circuit floating: see example below
The filament for the tube is on this circuit, too. The relay is used to change the plate voltage. The LED switches green to red when the plate voltage on the tube is changed to a higher value. More voltage to the plates gives a temporary fatter sound. I need the artificial center tap to reference the ground on the filament to eliminate hum.

The filament for the tube is on this circuit, too. The relay is used to change the plate voltage. The LED switches green to red when the plate voltage on the tube is changed to a higher value. More voltage to the plates gives a temporary fatter sound. I need the artificial center tap to reference the ground on the filament to eliminate hum.
In fact, it is an additional argument for using a completely floating circuit, like the ones I proposed, but I cannot be sure as you seem intent on withholding information, and even the partial sketch you provided is barely legible.
No wonder you got no satisfactory answer on the other forum....

In fact, it is an additional argument for using a completely floating circuit, like the ones I proposed, but I cannot be sure as you seem intent on withholding information, and even the partial sketch you provided is barely legible.
No wonder you got no satisfactory answer on the other forum....
I have no reason to withhold the whole schematic. I just thought there would be an easy fix to it. Is there another forum where we could discuss this? II have it posted in the "all about circuits" forum here: 2.1VDC forward voltage needed for LED. What do I need to do to the circuit shown? | Page 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.