• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

indicator light using filament 6.3VAC voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So 3 different internet fora ?! You sure like to get answers !
Thank you. With all the new regulations being put into law there is about nothing a person can do these days. They demand a safety ground be wired into a simple preamp, so that anyone who might be inclined to put aluminum foil around a fuse in the case of a failure might be electrocuted. I think you can understand how I might be somewhat frantic after several months of chasing down hum. I hope, anyway!

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
No, safety first and grounding tube gear cases to PE is no joke. It is to protect the users. If your audio GND isn't done right you have hum. There are several ways to solve this.

If you are in a country where audio GND is connected to PE directly in every device I would start there.

Last edited:
0J_fx7HbMBJZWP52ljbHy0iZQ

I am working on this circuit, and I have replaced the 100 ohm resistors with .047uf 600v polypropylene caps. Now the light doesn’t work. How could I get it working without putting hum back in the output of the tube?

I am working on this same circuit again, and I have replaced the 100 ohm resistors with .047uf 600v polypropylene caps. Now the light doesn’t work. How could I get it working without putting hum back in the output of the tube? The same schematic is shown in post no 1, but I also eliminated the ground elevation circuit with the 470kohm and 82kohm resistors and the cap.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.