• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Triode/Pentode Loadline Calculator

I get that same error. Windows 7 Professional 32-bit on an Athlon II X3 (desktop).

The H3 and H4 readouts auto-update as I move the voltage or current arrows, while the H2 readout remains the same.

I have to wiggle the white arrow to get the program to recalculate the H2 readout.

--

The changes of value of H2 are very small because that simultaneously with the changes of V / A with "external ticks" also changes the position of the working point. The signalled problem is the phenomenon of the lack of change of the Htot.

I look for a reason in code, but I wonder (as mentioned by Mosquito) if it is not related to a problem with the refreshing of the browser screen in specific situations.

The same malfunction I have told you before still exists. H2 does not change when current or voltage cursor is moved, but when I slightly move yellow or white cursors, (and even return them to previous position) then H2, H4 and Htot are recalculated.

What about the values of Ua and Ia - are they refreshed on not?

gsmok
can i request these tubes
5965 / E180CC
6BK7 / 6BQ7

I have added E180CC.

Yes, I'll add it to the list.

Meanwhile, for relaxation I invite you to play with the first version of the simulator with an attached program for creating your own models of tubes, inspecting them in Triode Loadline Simulator and generating models in Spice format.
I reserve that this is the very first version and it is not protected against incorrect input data - so be careful ;).

Here is the link:
Tube Loadline Simulator v.1.0 (20140909 www.trioda.com)

Using the described optimizer I developed a model of 845 triode and I added it to the simulator.

By the way, I would like to explain why the optimizer requires repeated pressing the [Optimize] button. This is so, because the user can better track the process of optimizing the model. User can observe how the anode charactersistcs changes. Of course, the program allows optimization in a single step, but it just is not interesting to watch :).

Using the described optimizer I developed a model of 845 triode and I added it to the simulator.

By the way, I would like to explain why the optimizer requires repeated pressing the [Optimize] button. This is so, because the user can better track the process of optimizing the model. User can observe how the anode charactersistcs changes. Of course, the program allows optimization in a single step, but it just is not interesting to watch :).

What values do you optimize to -- when I used the Excel Data Pak "Solver" I take a couple of different routes and solve for minimal error in the vicinity the tube of MOSFET is going to be used -- there are probably a hundred PhD theses on which to use!

In the course of the calculation algorithm simultaneously optimizes the values of the five parameters of the Korens model - MU, EX, KG1, KP and KVB (their current values are displayed on the screen). To reduce the likelihood that the optimization algorithm gets stuck in a local optimum, during data import algorithm does a preliminary search of the parameters' space. Of course, since the algorithm is probabilistic, each time you press the [Import] button, the starting point of the optimization is different. The optimization process was divided into stages (10000 iterations within a single keystroke). Thanks to this, optimization stages can be done as many times as you want. Of course, as the temperature of the annealing process decreases, approach to the optimum is performed using less steps and changes of the parameters values of the model are getting smaller. As in the case of import data, every time you start/proceed the optimization with [Optimize] button, you get a little different final parameter values. These differences do not, however, have a significant impact on the final model. I chose Simulated Annealing algorithm because it is simple and practically insensitive to the number of parameters and the size of the set of points.
An example of the 845 triode shows that the simulation results are sufficiently accurate.
Besides, it's fun to watch how the algorithm is struggling with finding a triode model :). From time to time the algorithm "loses" (gets stuck in a local minimum), and it's best to start from the beginning - press the [Import] button and then [Optimize].. [Optimize]....

Last edited:
Besides, it's fun to watch how the algorithm is struggling with finding a triode model :). From time to time the algorithm "loses" (gets stuck in a local minimum), and it's best to start from the beginning - press the [Import] button and then [Optimize].. [Optimize]....

I used to use Nutonian "Eurequa" which was developed by Cornell University -- you could watch as the program struggled to write equations. Unfortunately, the folks who developed it now require a very expensive license.

I am amused when i see the params carried out to several significant digits when the tube to tube variation may be from a few percent to over ten percent.

Yes, I'll add it to the list.

Meanwhile, for relaxation I invite you to play with the first version of the simulator with an attached program for creating your own models of tubes, inspecting them in Triode Loadline Simulator and generating models in Spice format.
I reserve that this is the very first version and it is not protected against incorrect input data - so be careful ;).

Here is the link:
Tube Loadline Simulator v.1.0 (20140909 www.trioda.com)

hi Gsmok,
you have given more............ :)
Thank"s a lot Buddy........:D
I will try to input data at Your "TUBE LOADLINE SIMULATOR".