• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube buffer with 6n3-EV

Attachments

• Photo tube buffer.JPG
    Photo tube buffer.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 390
Is the point of this to have a tube sound and volume control?
- the best way is CDplayer->volume->Buffer->gainclone etc.

As mentioned in other posts here, cathode follower is normally sufficient with modern CD players. It is unlikely you need further gain.
http://www.182e.com/show.aspx?id=555&cid=10

The circuit originally posted reminds me of the Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer but half the feedback network appears to be missing....

Last edited:
tube buffer between CD and Amp

Hello guys

I want to built a tube buffer and connect it to my CD and Amp.
I dont want it inside my CD player.
Dont want to tease the DAC!!
I dont know if i can connect it to the rca output of my CD and the input of my Amp!
I would like some opinions please!
Thank you

Here very nice 6n3 tube buffer which can drive also headphones. First schematic.

Also the backend of the mhzs player works also very good(without the opamp stage)

First schematic is buffer from shanling cd t100 se cd player whitch adds very low harmonics and change very little in sound.

Second schematic is from MHZS cd player with add some more harmonics. A lot of people prefer that sound.

Both schematics you can fit between cd player/Dac and amp.

Also look here,http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/303978-tube-buffer-between-cd-amp.html

Attachments

• IMG_0381.PNG
    IMG_0381.PNG
    242.6 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
The tube buffer between a source and amp can only spoil the signal quality and never improve. If you are unhappy with sound quality from your Technics CD player, then sell it on ebay, buy cheap Denon based on PCM56 or PCM61 and replace it's analogue stage with passive conversion followed by tube gainstage. The working example you can find on my site: Odtwarzacze CD (must do some scroll down).

that is not true. yes it cannot "improve" specs but it can improve subjective sound through harmonics or twisting of the sound in other ways which can be fun . why else would you buy tubes?